Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-28-2014, 08:29 PM   #71
Joyful Tie Dyes
Banned for reasons unrelated to transactions
www.joyfultiedyes.com

My Mood:
Re: Wil there ever be a thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack View Post
Then go. This is a business. The owner of this site wants to make money. They will do that however they see fit 2. They do not have to ask anybody's permission to change things. Because they own the site. Deal with it. They do not owe anybody answers. Because they own the site. They can delete whatever they want or they can ban you. Because they own the site.
Sadly that's not all this site used to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeachinAuntie View Post
And you're really okay with an "internet home" that is run with that mentality?
Seriously

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4boys1girlforme View Post
I think it's already been addressed that the members that don't know what DS used to be don't understand why we are upset.
yep

Advertisement

Joyful Tie Dyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:21 PM   #72
jamieism
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack
Then go. This is a business. The owner of this site wants to make money. They will do that however they see fit 2. They do not have to ask anybody's permission to change things. Because they own the site. Deal with it. They do not owe anybody answers. Because they own the site. They can delete whatever they want or they can ban you. Because they own the site.
Wow - rude much?

The fact that one *can* do whatever one likes doesn't mean one *should* - no one has argued here that EM *can't* do it, they are suggesting that these are not *good* things to do from either an ethics or, frankly, a business perspective.

Rollout was ill thought out. Responses clearly took them by surprise (which they shouldn't have) and efforts to troubleshoot have served mostly to make matters worse. If ad money is based on members and clicks then losing a good portion of your membership - and core members at that - is not good for business.

Yes they can regroup but if they hadn't messed it up so badly in the first place they wouldn't have to.

I see mostly bluster and cover your butt tactics that I suspect are aimed higher up the ladder. I am sure recent events do not look good to whoever oversees Juan and Cricket. And frankly if I were their manager they would both have a lot of explaining to do.

I am not trying to offend anyone but callous statements like the quoted tick me off, as do dumb statements about "business" that are really just blowing smoke.

It is 8:20 pm. Please start counting and let me know how long this stays up before truth to power goes POOF
Old 03-29-2014, 05:17 AM   #73
Corgi
Registered Users

Quote:
Obviously you don't get it. They don't have to treat anybody any certain way. They just have to wait long enough until new people come back. I honestly don't care one way or the other. Do you realize people are making money off of you everywhere online. You read a blog, there advertisers. Facebook as advertisers.. google has advertisers. yahoo has advertisers everybody has advertisers. There are so many children on this website who think that just because they post 18 times, means that they have some sort of ownership or say in how things should be run. It is honestly ridiculous to see everyone complaining over and over and over again about the same things. Put on your big girl panties and be an adult. If you don't like it then leave. If you realize that the site is just like any other website online with the goal of making money then take what is happening with a grain of salt. Maybe it would be better if you didn't post such personal stuff online anyway. Internet 101 should have told you that
Well aren't you just a ray of golden sunshine.

Recognizing that they CAN do whatever they want doesn't mean having to LIKE what they do. I highly doubt you've never ever complained about something you don't like. I am not nearly invested enough to give two hoots about the changes personally, but plenty of people are and they have a right to feel however they dang well please and can voice said feelings if they wish.

If you're tired of hearing the complaints, well.... put YOUR big girl panties on and quit reading them. Telling everyone off for how they feel with such a condescending attitude doesn't contribute anything.
someone new Nov 2015.
Corgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 06:12 AM   #74
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgi View Post

Well aren't you just a ray of golden sunshine.

Recognizing that they CAN do whatever they want doesn't mean having to LIKE what they do. I highly doubt you've never ever complained about something you don't like. I am not nearly invested enough to give two hoots about the changes personally, but plenty of people are and they have a right to feel however they dang well please and can voice said feelings if they wish.

If you're tired of hearing the complaints, well.... put YOUR big girl panties on and quit reading them. Telling everyone off for how they feel with such a condescending attitude doesn't contribute anything.
I knew somebody else could say what I was thinking and I didn't have to fry my exhausted brain to type it. Thanks!
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:52 AM   #75
4boys1girlforme
Registered Users
Previously: 4boysforme
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Quote:
Obviously you don't get it. They don't have to treat anybody any certain way. They just have to wait long enough until new people come back. I honestly don't care one way or the other. Do you realize people are making money off of you everywhere online. You read a blog, there advertisers. Facebook as advertisers.. google has advertisers. yahoo has advertisers everybody has advertisers. There are so many children on this website who think that just because they post 18 times, means that they have some sort of ownership or say in how things should be run. It is honestly ridiculous to see everyone complaining over and over and over again about the same things. Put on your big girl panties and be an adult. If you don't like it then leave. If you realize that the site is just like any other website online with the goal of making money then take what is happening with a grain of salt. Maybe it would be better if you didn't post such personal stuff online anyway. Internet 101 should have told you that
This is an example of an abrasive personality, who is socially inappropriate. If you read some of her posts she goes around the board offending people and making fun of them. She seems to disagree with most everybody about most everything. I can't understand why she would continue to be a member of a board where she feels the need to be so condescending towards the members. Unless she enjoys it, which is quite possibly the explanation. If she interacts this way irl I would imagine she isn't surrounded by loving people.

I would think someone like this would go to a funeral and lecture the mourners, telling them to get over it already!
Lee Ann RN student/ SAHM to Jaret '00, Spencer '03, Preston '05 (CLW at 37 months), Griffin '08 by VBAC (CLW at 21 months), & Mallory '10 by VBAC (CLW at 43 months)! Formerly tandem & bfing for a combined total of nearly 11 years! Also cloth diapering & baby wearingMy HUGE FSOT
4boys1girlforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:47 AM   #76
bookwookie
Registered Users

I think you hit the nail right on the head 4boys1girlforme:
Quote:
She seems to disagree with most everybody about most everything. I can't understand why she would continue to be a member of a board where she feels the need to be so condescending towards the members. Unless she enjoys it, which is quite possibly the explanation
Just a pot stirrer, who (probably because of her own insecurity and negativity) likes to rile people up, get a reaction, and see what happens. It is a foolish thing - it makes her feel good (both writing it out and the reactions she gets). In my opinion most of what she said is pretty ill thought out, and actually doesn't make much sense in relation to what the original posters actually say - and is clearly lacking in experience and maturity, I doubt she is so abrasive IRL, but I'm sure to some degree is...

My opinion...just ignore her posts...

Last edited by bookwookie; 03-29-2014 at 09:00 AM.
bookwookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 01:12 PM   #77
Mack
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookwookie View Post
I think you hit the nail right on the head 4boys1girlforme:

Just a pot stirrer, who (probably because of her own insecurity and negativity) likes to rile people up, get a reaction, and see what happens. It is a foolish thing - it makes her feel good (both writing it out and the reactions she gets). In my opinion most of what she said is pretty ill thought out, and actually doesn't make much sense in relation to what the original posters actually say - and is clearly lacking in experience and maturity, I doubt she is so abrasive IRL, but I'm sure to some degree is...

My opinion...just ignore her posts...
If by pot stirrer you mean I don't go around giving butt pats then you are right. I simply pointed out that the whining is silly here. Every other website operates on ad or revenue or subscription fees. The owner of this site can do whatever they want with it. They don't have to poll the audience before the make changes, and it is silly to keep complaining that they aren't, asking permission.

No I generally don't feel the need to post when I will be the thirtieth person to agree with something. There is value in hearing the other side.

Last edited by Mack; 03-29-2014 at 01:14 PM.
Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 02:15 PM   #78
4boys1girlforme
Registered Users
Previously: 4boysforme
seller
seller

My Mood:

I stand behind my absolutely correct assessment.

Of course there is value in hearing the other side. It's refreshing. Kind of like Westboro Baptist Church is refreshing.

I'm still not sure why someone would want to be on a forum with silly women (since we lost our big poster man) that have entirely different views.
Lee Ann RN student/ SAHM to Jaret '00, Spencer '03, Preston '05 (CLW at 37 months), Griffin '08 by VBAC (CLW at 21 months), & Mallory '10 by VBAC (CLW at 43 months)! Formerly tandem & bfing for a combined total of nearly 11 years! Also cloth diapering & baby wearingMy HUGE FSOT
4boys1girlforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 02:28 PM   #79
Corgi
Registered Users

Quote:
If by pot stirrer you mean I don't go around giving butt pats then you are right.
No, you don't.. you're right.
You go around slamming everyone with a condescending tone.
If you're sick of hearing people complain, quit reading it. It's that simple.
People's reactions and thoughts on the matter are valid, even if they aren't in line with yours. I don't understand why that's so complicated for you to grasp.
someone new Nov 2015.
Corgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 03:02 PM   #80
Blindbatbeth
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack
If by pot stirrer you mean I don't go around giving butt pats then you are right. I simply pointed out that the whining is silly here. Every other website operates on ad or revenue or subscription fees. The owner of this site can do whatever they want with it. They don't have to poll the audience before the make changes, and it is silly to keep complaining that they aren't, asking permission. No I generally don't feel the need to post when I will be the thirtieth person to agree with something. There is value in hearing the other side.
Yes they are a business and no they don't need our permission but as a customer they should want to retain our business as well as recieve our input. Every business thrives on customers and most want to make them happy or include them in the changes. From the few posts I have read it seems your not seeing the emotional connections that many of us have made over the years and watching so many people be trampled on and hurt after investing their lives volunteering and running the board for free is a tough pill to swallow.