Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-29-2014, 10:48 AM   #11
Southernbelle
Registered Users
seller

Re: Back to back pregnancies without time for my period in between.. Is it safe?

Kids being friends and playmates throughout life is more about good parenting than being close in age. My first 2 are close in age, but they often fought over toys and attention; they're both bull-headed. They are friends and do love each other, but it took a lot of parenting. I did not have a period in between those 2.

It was easier to foster closeness when the kids had a little more space between them because they weren't competing developmentally. All the rest of mine are 3 or more years apart. It's beautiful to watch relationships develop between the older and younger kids. My almost-14 yo DD absolutely adores her 3yo brother and loves spending time with him. That's her holding him in my avi.

I was pretty adamant that my children were going to get their full year of breastfeeding and undivided attention from me. The benefits from nursing are so amazing, it was a gift I was not in a hurry to throw away. It also provided natural birth control (for me anyway) while it gave my body time to heal.

Advertisement

Mama to 5: DD 6/00, DS 2/02, DD 11/05, DS 12/10, DS 5/14 and expecting someone new 7/15
3 angel babies from miscarriages
Southernbelle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 10:59 AM   #12
Peanutsmama2b
Registered Users
seller

Re: Back to back pregnancies without time for my period in between.. Is it safe?

I had my period once between pregnancies and my boys are just shy of 14 months apart. My second pregnancy was actually healthier than the first.
Peanutsmama2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 11:13 AM   #13
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayeh View Post
I figure that having 2 kids close in age might be really good for them so they're closer later on in life as well. I'm 13 months older than my brother and we're really close now, which got don'tthinking so quickly about the second one. What are other mamas ideal age differences between their babies?

Also, this may sound nuts but I would like to try and have a baby born in the year of the horse! It generally means they'll have a pretty good life. I would also like to have both babies before I'm 30, and the remaining 3 signs (sheep- difficult life for the child if born a girl, monkey- smart and clever, but can be sneaky, chicken- mortal enemy of a rabbit, which is both me and my husband). I know this sounds silly to most people but I really believe in animal signs!
My youngest sister is 11 years younger than me. We are closer than my brother who is 20 months younger than me. Age means little really. I think it is mostly personality.

Yeah sorry the animal sign doesn't mean anything to me. I am sorry but look at a classroom of children all born the same year. They don't all have the same traits. not trying to convince you of anything. I just don't see a correlation between birth year and personality.
Old 03-29-2014, 01:01 PM   #14
Jayeh
Registered Users
seller

That's true.. I hated some people in the same year as me in school! I think I will leave the timing of my next child up to fate I guess

And I wished I could pump for longer, but I had surgery 3 months after I gave birth and for some reason that made my milk production drop in half in 1 day.. I have no clue how. Since then it just kept slowing down so I didn't stop it.
Jayeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 01:13 PM   #15
Teexie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayeh View Post
I figure that having 2 kids close in age might be really good for them so they're closer later on in life as well. I'm 13 months older than my brother and we're really close now, which got me thinking so quickly about the second one. What are other mamas ideal age differences between their babies?
I wanted 3 years between my kids. Mostly because I know my limits and I definitely did not want two babies at a time. We got pretty close to that 3 year gap. It has worked out well so far...DD is potty trained, easy to take out to run errands and such, and can play by herself for (very) short periods of time. She will be 3 in a month and I have a 2 month old.

My brother is 23 months older than me. He was a total jerk pretty much the whole time we were growing up right through our mid 20s. Now he is 31 and I'm 29 and we are closer than we've ever been.
Teexie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 02:36 PM   #16
mommadeeof4+
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I've never had periods in between my babies, my 5 babies are all spaced 17-25 months apart. Basically if your body is ready to get pregnant it will, I always ovulated before getting a period and caught my first egg which you may be able to do or you may have an annovulatory cycle followed by a period and then conceive since your baby is much younger.

Deirdre~ Wife to Joe & Momma to Emily, Lilly, Joseph, Maggie & Daisy who is due in August!
Old 03-29-2014, 02:43 PM   #17
mommadeeof4+
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayeh
Anyone with back to back pregnancies have complications with their second baby, such as low birth weight or any other issues?
never, all my pregnancies and babies have been healthy, zero complications. I had one early miscarriage between pregnancies 4&5 but it was just one of those things that can and does happen to women every day sadly, nothing I was or was not doing caused it to happen.

Deirdre~ Wife to Joe & Momma to Emily, Lilly, Joseph, Maggie & Daisy who is due in August!
Old 03-29-2014, 02:47 PM   #18
mommadeeof4+
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayeh
I figure that having 2 kids close in age might be really good for them so they're closer later on in life as well. I'm 13 months older than my brother and we're really close now, which got me thinking so quickly about the second one. What are other mamas ideal age differences between their babies? Also, this may sound nuts but I would like to try and have a baby born in the year of the horse! It generally means they'll have a pretty good life. I would also like to have both babies before I'm 30, and the remaining 3 signs (sheep- difficult life for the child if born a girl, monkey- smart and clever, but can be sneaky, chicken- mortal enemy of a rabbit, which is both me and my husband). I know this sounds silly to most people but I really believe in animal signs!
I think 23 months is my ideal age difference.

Old 03-29-2014, 02:47 PM   #19
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommadeeof4+ View Post
I've never had periods in between my babies, my 5 babies are all spaced 17-25 months apart. Basically if your body is ready to get pregnant it will, I always ovulated before getting a period and caught my first egg which you may be able to do or you may have an annovulatory cycle followed by a period and then conceive since your baby is much younger.

You've caught the first egg all four times (five, technically, w/ the miscarriage)?? That is SO stinkin' awesome!

I was hoping to catch the first egg this time since it was our first time trying this early after a baby, but my cycles aren't fully fertile (I ovulate, but too short of a luteal phase) until around 14 months. Got it as soon as I could, though, even with DH out of town 5 nights a week.
I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!

Last edited by Harmony96; 03-29-2014 at 02:48 PM.
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 04:11 PM   #20
mommadeeof4+
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96
You've caught the first egg all four times (five, technically, w/ the miscarriage)?? That is SO stinkin' awesome! I was hoping to catch the first egg this time since it was our first time trying this early after a baby, but my cycles aren't fully fertile (I ovulate, but too short of a luteal phase) until around 14 months. Got it as soon as I could, though, even with DH out of town 5 nights a week.
Well, technically I've had 1 period since July 2006, it was after I had my first, she was 7 months old and I got a period but I did not ovulate before that, it was an annovulatory cycle and 55 days after that period (which, btw, was like 3 days of super light flow and mild cramps) I ovulated and conceived our 2nd child. And yeah then I caught my first ovulation every other time, and this past time after the birth of our 4th that was the one that ended in miscarriage but 3 weeks after the miscarriage I ovulated and conceived my little baby daisy in my belly, so I don't count that as a ppaf either since there was no period. I have been super lucky to catch first ovulations every time, my dr said while breastfeeding, especially on demand with babies older than 1 you are more likely to ovulate then get a period whereas before 1 years old if you are breastfeeding you are likely to get an annovulatory cycle or just cycles that are all wonky, so who knows. That's awesome you still got it mama even with your dh being gone so many nights!! Woohoo! Deirdre~ Wife to Joe & Momma to Emily, Lilly, Joseph, Maggie & Daisy who is due in August!

Last edited by mommadeeof4+; 03-29-2014 at 04:13 PM.
mommadeeof4+ is online now   Reply With Quote