Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-29-2014, 09:52 AM   #1
MamaMuffin
Registered Users
seller

July Mamas, How Much Weight Have You Gained?

I'm due July 10th and the scale says I've gained 33 pounds so far. Not TOO big of a deal, though, because I was underweight when I got pregnant and my midwife said I should aim for 35-40 pounds, so I'm not *that* far ahead of target.

I had hyperemesis earlier on and lost a WHOLE lot of weight (which was really bad since I was underweight anyway), and after I got treated for it, I played catch-up like crazy and kind of balloooned. I guess it's better to over-gain than under-gain, but 33 at 25 weeks still seems like a lot!

What about you guys? Anyone gaining too much or too little? Any complications from weight, in either direction?

Advertisement

MamaMuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 04:07 PM   #2
elated
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm due end of July, so I'm at about 22 wks.

I've gained about 5 lbs from pre-pregnancy weight, but had lost about 5 lbs during the first trimester (not intentionally, but from being nauseated)... So actually I've gained about 10 lbs (gaining back the 5 I had lost and 5 more).

I was overweight to start with and I'm short (4'11) so I've been focused on eating healthy and not indulging in fatty/sugary cravings so that I don't gain an unhealthy/unnecessary amount of weight for myself. At the same time, as with the advice of my doc, I'm trying not to focus on the weight stuff. My doc told me to stop weighing myself altogether heh. Though out of curiousity, I've snuck in a weight check once a wk.

In the past couple wks my appetite had doubled so I'm guessing I may start gaining a lot more weight in this 2nd half of the pregnancy.
elated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 04:11 PM   #3
elated
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Oh and to answer ur last question, doc says baby is growing totally normal

With my bmi I'm supposed to only gain something like 20 lbs.
elated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 04:13 PM   #4
Sugar&SpiceX3
Registered Users
seller

Re: July Mamas, How Much Weight Have You Gained?

Due at the end of July and I have gained 6lbs so far I believe. I am really trying to keep it low, as I'm about 10 lbs heavier than my other pregnancies. I was under my pre pregnacy weight, but then moved and gained a bit.
Sugar&SpiceX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 06:36 AM   #5
MrsAsh
Registered Users
seller
seller

26 weeks here and about 10lbs on my home scales.
Old 03-31-2014, 06:59 PM   #6
MamaMuffin
Registered Users
seller

Wow, seems like we're all over the board. Sugar&Spice, how much did your doc or midwife recommend you gain? Me personally, I can't imagine gaining that little. Are you showing a whole lot? My belly is HUGE, I think because I've gained so much weight!
MamaMuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 12:15 PM   #7
Ladyintheshoe09
Registered Users

I am 26 weeks and have gained 22 lbs!! I am usually at a normal weight when not pregnant but the weight gain really gets me down. My belly isn't that huge, it's my hips butt and legs that are packing on the pounds, and I crave all the bad stuff this time. I just hope breastfeeding will take care of it like it has the past two times...
Ladyintheshoe09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:38 PM   #8
Stasia
Registered Users
seller

I am 28 weeks (my due date was moved to end of june...so I'm inbetween). But at 28 weeks I've gained 25 lbs.

No idea what my BMI is...but it's not awesome and that's not being all womaney (as my husband would say) That's truth. Just a little extra meat for the rocky road!

Anyway! I eat whatever I want. So I'm not too surprised to have gained this much. People tell me I'm big and it's all in my belly- and I tend to believe them. My low back definitely looks pudgier than pre=pregnancy, but other than that I'm all belly I think.

I also don't exercise- even though I planned to walk the dog 1/2 hr everyday. Rain is my excuse to stay home and research baby stuff online.

Basically I feel I've gained too much for this point in pregnancy, but I'm taking full responsibility for it based on crappy diet, no exercise, and no self-control.

Hopefully that cheers you up!

Happy eating!
Stasia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 01:33 AM   #9
chloeclairebear
Registered Users

I am 27 weeks and I have gained maybe 4 or 5 pounds total. I was already overweight when I got pregnant. I lost like 3 pounds during the first trimester (all food except for yogurt and fruit was unappetizing). And then at my last appointment, I gained back those 3 pounds. And I think this next appointment, I'll be up probably 4 or 5 pounds. My doctor was worried that I was starving myself (lol). I assured him that I have been eating more than I ever have been!

Clarissa
chloeclairebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 06:56 AM   #10
MrsAsh
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsAsh View Post
26 weeks here and about 10lbs on my home scales.
Scratch that, the Doctor office scales said I'd gained 16lbs in 12 weeks. I knew mine might be a little off, but . I'm the weight I was when I DELIVERED my 3rd which was the largest I'd ever been. She said don't worry about it, but it would prob drop quickly since it took 2 weeks at the longest to loose it in the past and I would be BFing. My diet is about the best it's ever been, I just don't know where to really cut anything. A little nervous!