Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-04-2014, 12:34 PM   #1
CCRMSS
Registered Users

My Mood:
Talk to me about explode the code

Can I use just the workbooks as a supplement, or do you need the teachers guide to use the workbook? I am looking for something DD can do independently or with very minimal help, just to reinforce what we are learning with our regular curriculum. While the on line version intrigues me, I need something that she can take with her.

Also, do they have any kind of placement test or something I can use to determine what level we need?

Advertisement

Old 03-04-2014, 09:08 PM   #2
lookatreestar
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCRMSS
Can I use just the workbooks as a supplement, or do you need the teachers guide to use the workbook? I am looking for something DD can do independently or with very minimal help, just to reinforce what we are learning with our regular curriculum. While the on line version intrigues me, I need something that she can take with her.

Also, do they have any kind of placement test or something I can use to determine what level we need?
this is what I use it for. basically dd can do a lesson or two without my help and it builds confidence and reinforces what she's learning. I don't have the teachers manuals but they are pretty self explanatory.

Last edited by lookatreestar; 03-04-2014 at 09:09 PM.
lookatreestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 03:34 AM   #3
swashbuckler
Registered Users

Re: Talk to me about explode the code

I have the same questions. Sorry I can't help but I can't wait to hear the responses!
swashbuckler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 05:17 AM   #4
CCRMSS
Registered Users

My Mood:
I bought book 1 and dd has been flying through it. She can totally do it on her own- though someone needs to read her the directions on some of it- other times she can figure out what to do very easily. I think that as long as I buy a level behind her ability, this will be the case.

So, my review is that this is a great supplement or review option!
Old 03-29-2014, 04:54 PM   #5
Designsbybequi
Registered Users
seller

I used it as a supplement in K and we loved it. I feel it helped a lot. It taught very differently from our reading program so it was a great addition. When we got bored of the curriculum routine, we just did ETC instead.
Old 04-03-2014, 06:00 PM   #6
momomom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Talk to me about explode the code

We use it and the kids like it well. The older is a good reader who needs some gentle grammar and spelling practice. That is what it does for him. My 1st grader gets a little bored with it, but she doesn't complain about doing it. She learned to read with Bob books and Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons. Basically, in a day she does 3-ish pages in ETC and reads Dr. Suess.

I should add we are VERY relaxed and I don't force anyone to work on anything- usually LOL! Living books make up most of our curriculum. So I look at a bazillion language arts books and only buy about 1% of the books/ workbooks I look at. Things need to be enjoyable and as independent for the kids as possible. ETC fits the bill for us.
momomom is offline   Reply With Quote