Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-20-2014, 04:07 AM   #11
Marianna1988
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by norrahsmommy
I have one from my youngest. I feel like we missed out on some of the mommies that were here and not on Facebook, because we weren't active here at all really. I love having the group, but it would be nice to have a big active group here first.
I agree with this. We have one for my oldest from a different forum. We made it after our babies were born, and we all stayed really close. Theres a mor general one for anyone who has babies born that month that I am not a part of, but then we have our "secret" group for those of us who actually went through our pregnancies together. I started out in another forum for my youngest, but they jumped immediately to FB and honestly I hated it. I didn't "know" who anyone was, everyone was adding anyone who was due at the same time, it weirded me out to have his and hers accounts, and so on. Plus, there were a few creeps who joined with fake profiles to see belly pics and "hear" women talk about their boobs and stuff.... I had to leave after the second one was found out in a week. If a FB group was created now, I wouldn't join.

Advertisement

~$25 off your first order of $50 at gilt.com!
Marianna1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 10:40 AM   #12
waiting_on_anna
Registered Users
seller

Re: Facebook anyone?

I belong to my YDD fb birth group and I love it. Its weaned down to 20-25 regulars so tighter knit community.
waiting_on_anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 01:26 PM   #13
kutie.pie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm hoping to give the group time to form and then probably bring the subject up again. It's hard for me to get on here, because I don't want to go every which place. I'm also not super fond of forums. It's harder to keep up and takes FOREVER just to update on reading things. I prefer to see how people are doing and the quicker updates that Facebook can offer. I figure in about a month or so I'll see how people's feelings are on a group. I'm thinking by then we should be pretty formed into a group.

Added: Also, we just aren't all on here much, and it's hard to keep up. I don't know... Facebook is so easy to leave updates of our appts, etc. Just want to throw this out there.

Last edited by kutie.pie; 03-11-2014 at 01:35 PM.
kutie.pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 01:38 PM   #14
Lizp86
Registered Users formerly:grayelizabeth06
seller
seller

My Mood:

A fb group does sound good to me.
Lizp86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 02:35 PM   #15
Mommy2JJ
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Yes!! I don't do forums so much anymore.....fb is a lot easier!!!

Mommy2JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 09:30 PM   #16
kutie.pie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Well, if some are seriously interested, I was thinking we could name the group something besides 'October 2014', that way our group wouldn't attract too many weirdos or people outside the group? I don't know. lol Opinions?
Old 03-12-2014, 11:08 AM   #17
mugsywebb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm happy with getting on board with Facebook. I try to stay active here too, so hopefully neither would lack
Old 03-12-2014, 11:14 AM   #18
mamamanya
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I loved having my last DDC on Facebook and would suggest doing it! Just make sure to make it a "private" group so lurkers/weirdos aren't able to add themselves.
Old 03-12-2014, 02:48 PM   #19
kutie.pie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Alright, I'm doing a Facebook roll call! If you would like to join the Facebook group send me a PM and we can exchange our Facebook names privately (this way we don't have our information floating around). No one outside our group will be able to see it or join. We'll have to add each person. I'll verify that if you PM that you're a member of the forum on here first, just to make sure I'm not randomly adding people (hopefully no weirdos try to join randomly lol).
Old 03-29-2014, 06:07 PM   #20
Mping
Registered Users

I would love it!
Mping is offline   Reply With Quote