Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-28-2014, 02:55 AM   #51
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.
Re: I Challange you lotto

I lied march has 31 days :P 3 days left

Advertisement

Old 03-28-2014, 08:21 AM   #52
redneckmama4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

When I first joined years ago, I had a lady send me the best starter package. I was new to cloth and she took me under her wing. I wish I knew her sn.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:56 AM   #53
teacherpippi
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneckmama4 View Post
When I first joined years ago, I had a lady send me the best starter package. I was new to cloth and she took me under her wing. I wish I knew her sn.
Can you look back in your feedback?
teacherpippi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 10:29 AM   #54
Southern Momma
Registered Users
Formerly: MorrigansMomma
seller
seller

My Mood:

I came to this site nearly 6 years ago curious about cloth diapering my then 6 month old daughter. I had been laid off from work and was terrified to be without a job. My dh had steady employment but we had been a two income family for so long we didn't know how we would fare on just his salary alone.
I found lots of encouragement here both with starting and saving with cloth diapers and how to save money in other areas of the home. As a first time mom I also had a lot of questions about general ftm stuff. I was always given such friendly and encouraging advice - I quickly realized that I had joined an amazing community

As the years went by and my daughter grew I remained a member, just not as active. When I found out I was expecting my second child I quickly came back to this community seeking advice, support, knowledge. I joined the Due Date Discussions and am still friends with those wonderful mommas! I was gifted several ffs items to help build my stash back up (we thought we were done having children so I had sold all diapering items). I learned a lot about different birthing options, breastfeeding support, etc. The support I have found on this forum has been invaluable. This truly is a wonderful community and I am happy to be a part of it!

Last edited by Southern Momma; 03-29-2014 at 10:36 AM.
Southern Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 10:42 AM   #55
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

All the wonderful care we received when we lost Jonathan. It was amazing to have so much support in our time of grief.
I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 04:34 PM   #56
proud2begeeky
Registered Users

A few months ago, I got a couple infant sleepers FFS, and one of them has a gray teddy bear on it that (to me, anyway) looks just like my very favorite childhood stuffed animal. It makes me happy every time I dress my daughter in it.
proud2begeeky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 05:37 PM   #57
snowballhush
Registered Users
seller

I love this forum its been a wealth of information and support. We've been lurking in the back ground for a couple of years and have now have a reason to rejoice. My daughter is expecting her first child in June and we have just started to put together our newborn stash. This forum has given her the confidence to pursue and the facts to figure out what she'll need to make it work.
snowballhush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 05:48 PM   #58
kirst
Registered Users
seller

I have spent a lot of time on DS during the past 2 years since having my son, my first and only. The moms on here are a wealth of info about more than just cloth diapering. Several times, I've posted in the parenting forums and been very grateful for the feedback and opinions because, as a single mom with no one to talk to about problems or bounce ideas for solutions off of, you can feel pretty isolated. Especially when I was on mat leave with a newborn and feeling completely clueless, reading on here about others with the same issues was very comforting. I purchased some diapers and woollies from a local DS mama and she was very sweet and I got some lovely hand knits for my son that I would never have afforded or tried.... And wool has really kept me cloth diapering.

I don't find DS negative...there's always controversial threads, but I don't often participate in those! Lol.
kirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 06:41 PM   #59
Jomama2005
Registered Users
seller

There are a lot of generous moms on here who have sent me ffs items and offered kind words and support when I've been facing difficulties in my pregnancy.
Old 03-30-2014, 08:09 AM   #60
HappaMamma
Registered Users
seller

I had been given some ffs diapers from a lovely lady on here to try when I was just starting out with cloth diapering
HappaMamma is offline   Reply With Quote