Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-29-2014, 03:23 PM   #11
KennedyMommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by negrapy

nystatin is supposed to be about 50% effective ... those are not really great odds!

Dr. Jack Newman has good thrush protocols (google)

I had the best luck with oral and topical gse.
I am using his nipple cream and taking diflucan. The burning is not as bad, but now that he cracked it open even wider I have to pump ahhhhhhhhh

Advertisement

Old 03-29-2014, 03:29 PM   #12
KennedyMommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange
If hes cracking you, try another hold. Itll help a lot.

And search kellymom for saline baths to heal your cracks quicker.
I tried this and it burned the last time. Is that supposed to happen?
Old 03-29-2014, 03:45 PM   #13
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Red likes strawberries nipples and burning means thrush. I knew someone with it even with older baby and talked to mylc about my symptoms about possibility odd me having it. My mom had it so had wire tongue like blanket the baby has. Even off mom only one must here treat baby too. Yogurt, probiotics, rx from doctor all are things people i know.the gelatin for a very allergic baby to all sorts of food as well.

mama hugs to you.
Old 03-29-2014, 06:29 PM   #14
LaurenLee
Registered Users
seller

You may need to be on the diflucan for a while, but it should kick it eventually. The salt water may burn for a second because you have an open crack but it helps to heal faster (in my case). In the meantime, sterilize all bottles, pacifiers, and pump parts. And wash your bras and towels in oxyclean hot water.
LaurenLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:01 PM   #15
themrshunt
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: Annoyed Thrush?

mama! I had thrush in the beginning both times and it is such horrible pain. Gentian violet is what finally cleared mine up, the diflucan did nothing. And neither time did my babies have thrush. Grapefruit seed extract can also help. I hope you can get it cleared up soon.
themrshunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:00 PM   #16
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennedyMommy View Post

I tried this and it burned the last time. Is that supposed to happen?
It didn't burn me and I had bloody nips.

I'd avoid the pump but that's just me. When the thrush and cracks started with DD, I pumped and we had issues. This time I just cried and nursed and things worked out better. But some people will survive with the pump
Old 03-29-2014, 11:44 PM   #17
KennedyMommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange

It didn't burn me and I had bloody nips.

I'd avoid the pump but that's just me. When the thrush and cracks started with DD, I pumped and we had issues. This time I just cried and nursed and things worked out better. But some people will survive with the pump
I have been fighting through the pain and cracks for a month, but they just aren't healing and pain is outrageous! I am only nursing him on one side and pumping on the other. Hopefully a couple days of doing this will help it finally heal.
Old 03-29-2014, 11:46 PM   #18
KennedyMommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by themrshunt
mama! I had thrush in the beginning both times and it is such horrible pain. Gentian violet is what finally cleared mine up, the diflucan did nothing. And neither time did my babies have thrush. Grapefruit seed extract can also help. I hope you can get it cleared up soon.
Were the babies treated though? I am just worried it will keep coming back
Old 03-30-2014, 01:30 PM   #19
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennedyMommy View Post

I have been fighting through the pain and cracks for a month, but they just aren't healing and pain is outrageous! I am only nursing him on one side and pumping on the other. Hopefully a couple days of doing this will help it finally heal.
Yeah... mine were horrid for a long time. What they had me do was football hold for deepest latch and always start on the most damaged side when he was least lazy with latch. Finally at 5 weeks he got his tongue tie cut and around 10 weeks it wasn't brutal.

But pumping really wasn't a viable option for me. Glad it's working for you.