Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 03-29-2014, 05:15 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Awaiting My Healing Birth Any Day Now! (Kinda Long)

I have two sons! One is a few days over his due date but whose counting?!

My first son who will be 2 in the beginning of August who was born by induction. I was a single mom and he was my first baby and I had a "typical" male OB. I was almost 41 weeks when he decided to induce me. I went in the day before his birth and they tried Cirvadil first. Well my cervix went bananas but didn't do anything! I was screaming in pain for almost 8 hours and the nurses were just stabbing nubane into my legs without asking, frequently being checked. My doctor finally came in and took it out so I could relax. I then was hooked up to an IV a few short hours after that, with yes, pitocin. They increased the dosage up very high and I had very strong contractions within minutes, something I had never experienced and my poor mother was struggling to comfort me. We finally decided on an epidural. Finally that night at 10:11pm and after two hours of pushing - my first son was born! However I tore extensively and needed about 100 stitches. I then suffered bladder complications from the epidural and had to have a catheter in for 24 hours. Not something you want after giving birth. Moral of the story? I am never getting induced again! HA!

Fast forward to now, I am expecting my second son! My "due date" was March 26th but some things have changed this time! I found a chiropractor at the beginning of this pregnancy who has changed the way I live my life. I found a midwife finally at 30 weeks. Actually you could say 2 midwives. They are amazing and do everything how I want it without me even having to ask because we all share the same mind set! I ALSO found a Doula at 20 weeks! I have planned my healing birth! I have found myself single again and struggling to keep food on the table, and only because I chose to keep my son intact, silly I know. (No this is not to start a debate just hopefully to keep anyone from saying "oh gee she must have a lot of 1 night stands") but that's ok! I got myself a new apartment, I started cloth diapering, I live a much happier and healthier life now and things are looking up and will be even brighter when my second son is welcomed into the world by his mommy and many wonderful people. I plan to do things as natural as possible, with little interventions which is also something my midwives prefer to do anyways.

So hopefully soon I can update with pictures of my second son! I can't wait!

Last edited by chelsealynnm; 03-29-2014 at 05:19 PM.
chelsealynnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:03 PM   #2
Registered Users
Hope you have an amazing birth experience...and soon!
Teexie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:16 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Awaiting My Healing Birth Any Day Now! (Kinda Long)

good luck!
I'm Brittany! Wife to B since 10/09 & blessed CDing, BFing, BWing momma to K(4/11) & P(11/12).

Because the sinless Savior died, my sinful soul is counted free!
squirrelgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 08:25 AM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

You are a very strong woman and I am really proud of you! Hope your birth goes wonderfully well, can't wait to hear your update!! It is a true blessing to have a healing birth after a traumatic one! I have had 2 amazing natural births after my 1st traumatic one (induction!). You are a wonderful mama
Karen~married to my wonderful husband, Alan (6/00) SAHM to L (10),
(6) and E (4), G (2) 5/12/12 John 14:6 I sell Little Doompa Diapers and accessories: 10%off with code DSMAMAS
247mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 08:49 AM   #5
Registered Users
My Mood:
It's sip great that you've found a midwife that you get along with so well! Good luck with your healing birth!
Christine , married to M , mother to 4yo DS J and 2yo DD E !
Visit for thorough book reviews of young adult books
Visit my blog Why We Love Green to read about saving money while saving the earth! (Plus Reviews & Giveaways!)
Marbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 07:55 PM   #6
Registered Users
My Mood:

Congrats and I hope your birth is a healing one <3
Fiancée to Jason
Mama to Lili, 9, Alex, 6, and Oliver, born at home on 12/4/13
raindrop_333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 04:11 PM   #7
Registered Users

aww! good luck!!! hope all went well!!
btroutman3831 is offline   Reply With Quote