Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-29-2014, 05:53 PM   #1
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

Stroller help

So I really want the city select with 2 seats. Dd is 21 months & we are due in June again. Where is the best place to purchase this stroller? I really want the 2014 model hopefully in teal.

Also if you have this stroller do you like it? If you have another double stroller you like please recommend it to me

We currently have a single city mini and seems as though dd is always laying reclined a little. It is very nice but the city select is just so much nicer.

Thanks so much!!

Advertisement

Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 06:51 PM   #2
happy in FL
Registered Users
seller

I *adore* our City Select double stroller. No time to write much, but we bought it online almost 2 yrs ago. Not impressed with the (each sold separately) parent mp3 console or the adapter for our Graco infant bucket. Otherwise, amazing stroller. Always gets compliments and works great.at zoos, hotels, church, mall, and around the neighborhood to parks and shopping. Perfect for my 6'6" husband--he never kicks it...we found it recommended to be of the best strollers for tall people!

If you would like more info/opinions pm me please
happy in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 06:52 PM   #3
happy in FL
Registered Users
seller

P.S. Worth the price!
happy in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:22 PM   #4
kbates05
Registered Users
seller
seller

I just got one for my youngest and soon to be infant. I love that it can be a single or double and it can be used with my car seat. I currently is it for my little guy until the belly baby comes and I love it but it is bulky. You have to break it down completely to put in the car too which is a pain in the rain. But it's easy to put together and break down. My little guy like to ride in it as well and he doesn't like many strollers. I have had many doubles and this one is great for walks and in the store. I think it's worth the price as the cheaper doubles often fall apart quickly and the older child usually outgrows it anyway so it's nice that it can be used as a single.
kbates05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 09:02 PM   #5
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Having to take apart the seats and everything before folding and putting away would be a no-no for me. I don't have that kind of time nor do I want to mess with it.

I wouldn't even hesitate on a bob double with the duo carseat/snack adapter. We've loved our single for years and will likely keep it until dd is 6 or so. You don't have to take anything apart to stow! Just fold and go!

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 09:18 PM   #6
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabritt
Having to take apart the seats and everything before folding and putting away would be a no-no for me. I don't have that kind of time nor do I want to mess with it.

I wouldn't even hesitate on a bob double with the duo carseat/snack adapter. We've loved our single for years and will likely keep it until dd is 6 or so. You don't have to take anything apart to stow! Just fold and go!
Ohh I like that
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 12:13 AM   #7
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thanks ladies for your input ! I had no idea that you had to take it apart to put it in the car... I hate being in a parking lot any longer than I have to be because I feel so vulnerable... As it is I already have to buckle in my toddler super quickly. What do you have to do to break it down and make it fit in the car?
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 01:57 AM   #8
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: Stroller help

graco duo glide. I don't know how you know which ones fold down to like a single ( or if they all do)but i like ours I found on craigslist. It is easy to turn with and cup holders/trays for all and the sun things. THis is easy fold down and vise versa too.

I have another double that folds down but the longer way and isn't as easy to push with 2 heavier kids although it is ok if you don't need to fold down a lot at least for me who can't push evenly with my brachial plexus.
Old 03-30-2014, 06:12 AM   #9
UVASahm
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by abunchoflemons
graco duo glide. I don't know how you know which ones fold down to like a single ( or if they all do)but i like ours I found on craigslist. It is easy to turn with and cup holders/trays for all and the sun things. THis is easy fold down and vise versa too. I have another double that folds down but the longer way and isn't as easy to push with 2 heavier kids although it is ok if you don't need to fold down a lot at least for me who can't push evenly with my brachial plexus.
I have a graco duo glide too. LOVE it. It's super easy to fold down. Just one turn of the handle and it goes flat and in the car. It is slightly awkward but is easy to manuver.
Old 03-30-2014, 06:12 AM   #10
ClemsonMama87
Registered Users
Formerly: macsmommy10
seller
seller

My Mood:
I have a Combi double stroller that I love! It folds in half so it's easier to store and it can stand up by itself. It also comes with a carrying strap. There are some versions with cup holders and some without. The sunshades have a peekaboo window so you can see your children without having to move the shade.