Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-29-2014, 08:15 AM   #1
cammyM
Registered Users
seller

Got our tickets for day out with Thomas- any tips to make the day go smooth?

My little guy is almost 2, and the biggest Thomas fan ever, lol. So the whole family (him, mom and dad, grandma and grandpa, and his favorite uncle) got tickets for the day out with Thomas ride for next month. I know it's going to be a very long day, lots of different activities and such. Is there anyone else that's taken their kids to this, and do you have any advice for the day? The thing I'm most worried about is leaving.. He's not going to want to at all! And the other thing is I know there's going to be a lot of Thomas toys to buy there that are going to be madly expensive. He's not a spoiled kid at all, but the age he's at, you know how easily meltdowns can happen 😣 I'm thinking maybe buy a few Thomas toys off of ebay or something before, and bring them there to give him? We're all really excited about this day, hopefully it'll go well!

Come check out my etsy shop! Handmade eco-friendly goodies and gifts from mama cloth to unpaper towels, and baby items, too! https://www.etsy.com/shop/EcoStitche...my?ref=si_shop

Advertisement

Last edited by cammyM; 03-29-2014 at 08:18 AM.
cammyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:25 AM   #2
anrmom21
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Got our tickets for day out with Thomas- any tips to make the day go smooth?

We went when my DS was 2 and he had a great time. Did you get interior car tickets or the outdoor car tickets? The train ride wasn't as long as I expected it to be but he loved it. My DS was ready to go once he did all the activities he was worn out and getting tired. As for the toys we looked around and they really weren't more expensive than what they are in the store. If you can find the areas with the toys from the year prior they were cheaper. We ended up buying what my DS calls his "fishing" hat and he still wears it 2 years later. It was money well spent.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
anrmom21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 11:13 AM   #3
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Got our tickets for day out with Thomas- any tips to make the day go smooth?

We did it a few years ago with our boys and nephews. The kids had a good time. The toys were not any more expensive. Maybe it was where we were but I really though there would be more activities. The train ride was super short.

Personally I thought it was way over priced and will never do it again.
Old 03-29-2014, 07:59 PM   #4
MamaJules
Registered Users
seller

We have gone the last 2 years and my boys love it. Ours is in Sept. All of the activities are included. They do have a ton of overpriced stuff to buy, but at ours it is in a building that you could easily not even go into at all if you think it will cause issues. You can get your picture taken with Sir Toppemhatt, but he is creepy looking and freaks my kids out. We have the funniest picture of me, and the boys with him. Zay was 2 at the time, and the expression on his face is priceless. We definitely plan on going again this year.
Old 03-29-2014, 08:03 PM   #5
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerissa
We did it a few years ago with our boys and nephews. The kids had a good time. The toys were not any more expensive. Maybe it was where we were but I really though there would be more activities. The train ride was super short.

Personally I thought it was way over priced and will never do it again.
That's what a friend of mine said. Too much money and not what they expected at all
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:23 PM   #6
drunkenmonkeysmommy1
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
We had alot of fun when we went. Each one is a little different at different places. The train ride was shorter than I expected, but ds still had a blast.
We bought a tshirt( same price as anywhere else), and brought a thomas toy with us.
If ds 2 was as into thomas as ds1 was, we would go again without hesitation.
Old 03-29-2014, 08:28 PM   #7
Alaga
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We went last year and had a blast. I think it depends on which site you go to. The site we went to was at a permanent railroad museum (Union, IL), so we spent much of our time looking at the old trains and their displays rather than doing the "Thomas-based" activities. Honestly, I think the only thing we bought was food. There were some model trains running, a big pile of sand to dig in, and an art area where you could color (all for free). They did have a huge toy tent with Thomas crap for sale, but we didn't go in. I thought it was def worth the $$!

Alaga
Mama to DD "A" 2/23/2010 and DS "L" 4/25/2012
Alaga is offline   Reply With Quote