Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-08-2007, 07:29 AM   #31
Registered Users
Formerly: FaeryGnomeHome
Re: food stamps-aka-what i am thankful for

Originally Posted by hornbeck0920 View Post
I One day all I had to eat was a can of peaches. We didn't even have gas money to go beg at a food pantry, and we didn't have a phone. I'd had several ultrasounds because my sugar was a little high and I had had gestational diabetes in the past. They guessed that DS would weigh between 8 and 9 LBS. DH went back to work two weeks before DS was born, and we FINALLY got food stamps 1 week before the birth. Poor little Tommy weighed 6lbs 12oz. My other two DC both weighed 8lbs 8oz. It's strange, though. DC had to live off of hot dogs and mac and cheese and nothing else, but they got fat during the proccess. They practically starved but gained weight. That's junk food for you! Good luck to you!

Yep, that was us. We starved through my pregnancy with my second daughter. My body was finally so nutrtition-deprived it wouldnt' support the pregnancy anymore and I ended up delivering at 34 weeks. It was heartbreaking but we had to choose between feeding our THEN 4 year old and pregnant me. The kid that's already here wins out. Same situatiion this time. Between lack of food and vomitting, I'm down 10lbs in my second trimester(I'm 17w). But what are ya gonna do???? I start my waitressing job today so I'm totally psyched! Hopefully I'll actually start making money soon! And I'm looking for a few kids to watch part time during the week to supplement waitressing.

3rockstars is offline   Reply With Quote