Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-09-2014, 10:47 AM   #51
Blindbatbeth
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmers22185
So this issue doesn't even get acknowledged?
No, they won't discuss that . Along with why innocent members got banned inactivated. I just hope that someone had to explain that even if it wasn't aired out

Advertisement

Old 04-09-2014, 02:32 PM   #52
AbbieJack
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: post counts?

It's probably because MOST people with more than 2k post and had been here over a year are no longer here and the ones that are left are not stupid enough to apply to be mod because they just saw the horrible mistreatment of past mods.
Old 04-09-2014, 03:07 PM   #53
Hope4More
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbieJack View Post
It's probably because MOST people with more than 2k post and had been here over a year are no longer here and the ones that are left are not stupid enough to apply to be mod because they just saw the horrible mistreatment of past mods.
I did, in hopes to bring back the support and camaraderie I miss. Sure, some people went Elsewhere and I can get the support there, but people stayed here too. I HATE disagreement and just want fun times back. You all make me feel kind of stupid for hoping (no snark intended) or volunteering. But I am hopeful, and I do want BOTH places to work, because I have friends here and there now. I do have more than 2k posts, and I have been here since 2010. So I applied.

However, I recently passed the torch on my Struggles and Support group for a couple of reasons. 1- I am 15 weeks pregnant and felt it unfair to host a group for people struggling to conceive, and 2- I posted that my friends went Elsewhere and so was I. Clearly I did not leave (because I'm addicted to DS and the plethora of support, knowledge, women, and topics it offers). However, I can understand how that could be seen as a negative for a pending mod, and I can see how someone with a lower post count would have been chosen over someone who threw a hissy fit, stamped her feet, and said she was done.

I'm really disappointed, though. I really did want to try to help. To me, it's not about working for free (since I'm on here all. the. time. anyway), but about giving back to the women who have supported me through the losses of my three babies last year. That support was priceless.
I have given my cross to Jesus, who has a special talent for overcoming them, even if it means giving His own life...

Last edited by Hope4More; 04-09-2014 at 03:09 PM.
Hope4More is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 03:13 PM   #54
missydawn
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Maybe it's just me, but I when you said "ones that are left are not stupid enough to apply", I felt hurt because I was one who was left and did apply and did get it. Maybe I misunderstand what you meant and I do understand that you are not happy with the results but I also wanted to let you know how I felt about it. I would like to move on and since I was not a part of the old group of mods nor do I know what really happened between them and here I was hoping for a fresh start.
missydawn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 03:36 PM   #55
AbbieJack
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm sorry if my use of the word "stupid" hurt anyone's feelings that was not my intention. I just don't get how anyone with the slightest inkling of what has gone on would even bother to apply as they KNOW how cruddy the last mods were treated. I mean do you NOT see how the current mods are still being thrown under the bus? TPTB are still not coming forward with any answers and are relying on UNPAID VOLUNTEERS to handle to backlash from THEIR mishandling of this site. This will most likely be my last post since we are so censored here that we can no longer express displeasure with the current team because if they get their little ol feeling hurt by our post we get slapped with a strike. So much for an open dialog huh?
Old 04-09-2014, 05:45 PM   #56
Hope4More
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
I'm sorry if my use of the word "stupid" hurt anyone's feelings that was not my intention. I just don't get how anyone with the slightest inkling of what has gone on would even bother to apply as they KNOW how cruddy the last mods were treated. I mean do you NOT see how the current mods are still being thrown under the bus? TPTB are still not coming forward with any answers and are relying on UNPAID VOLUNTEERS to handle to backlash from THEIR mishandling of this site. This will most likely be my last post since we are so censored here that we can no longer express displeasure with the current team because if they get their little ol feeling hurt by our post we get slapped with a strike. So much for an open dialog huh?
I have given my cross to Jesus, who has a special talent for overcoming them, even if it means giving His own life...
Hope4More is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 05:50 PM   #57
missydawn
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Thank you very much We all make mistakes and I know we can get caught up in a heated moments as well, I know I have many of times. I really appreciate it, it means a lot that you came forth and said it. I understand you were just being concerned for us and that means the world to me. Thank again.
missydawn is online now   Reply With Quote