Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-21-2006, 10:59 AM   #31
a_cthelen
My cat's breath smells like cat food
seller

Re: Why is this so expensive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneFabMama
He is adorable. If I had the cash Id be bidding! Id love for Riley to have 1 really special lovey that she can pass on to her children and something from CP would be ideal for that. One day...
That's a great idea...a lovey to pass down. Everyones comments have made me think about this. Who knows, maybe I will just end up bidding on one of her items one day.

Advertisement

Wool for Sale: http://hyenacart.com/Spots_corner/index.php?u=6698
a_cthelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 11:38 AM   #32
Leigh Ann
Registered Users
seller

That is absolutely adorable!!! Even though I'd love to buy something like that I'd still have a hard time spending that much on a toy. I've been eyeing the snakes that CP makes for some time now. I'd love to get one for DD. She just loves snakes. I would have gotten the snake set for her if it had been the right size.
Leigh Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 12:19 PM   #33
eapoosmama
Registered Users

My Mood:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Handmade, very labour intensive, and made from Alpaca Wool (expensive wool). It is super cute."

She is an artist who creates unique items spending time developing/creating her own patterns.

THAT alone is worth every penny. IMO

I am sure you are curious about why the item reflects the cost that it does and no bad feeling were intended.

But these things are read by the hard working - often times very seasoned - not the newest of the group wahms, who have earned their name through the labors of their business and the talent they put forth. Their products imo reflect what they should receive and recently here -ds, I am finding some of the comments rather lacking in sensitivity to the fact that there is a person working hard to create behind the comments of the threads.

Not everyone is going to share my opinion, and you will not find any smileys to smooze out my overly opinionated post to try and make it seem more acceptable.

2 cents.
Old 07-21-2006, 04:57 PM   #34
Lasciate
Registered Users

My Mood:

What really gets me about these threads is people are posting about the high price of something - and they're linking to an AUCTION! You want to ask why it ended so high, ask the person who bid that much - don't start a thread that makes it seem like the WAHM set the price.
Lasciate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 05:14 PM   #35
Jemgirl

Toe Jam anyone?
seller

My Mood:

He is GORGEOUS!!! and looks so beautifully made, I don't have a $100 that I could spend on a stuffed animal, whether it be for my child or for decor......but you can bet your BUTT that if I did, I would've been bidding on that one. He is absolutely wonderful!
I cannot wait for the day that I can just knit and create something totally without a pattern. I hope to someday be that brave!
Old 07-21-2006, 05:42 PM   #36
a_cthelen
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasciate
What really gets me about these threads is people are posting about the high price of something - and they're linking to an AUCTION! You want to ask why it ended so high, ask the person who bid that much - don't start a thread that makes it seem like the WAHM set the price.
The auction began high...I was not asking for ppl to get so upset. I was just asking an honest question.

Old 07-21-2006, 05:49 PM   #37
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The original poster wasn't being mean about the wahm. Just mentioning that it is a massive amount to spend on a toy. I agree.

But, wtg for the wahm! It's an absolutely adorable lion and sure, if I had that kind of money I might have bought it too. Currently I don't, so $100 on a toy seems nuts, lol. But I understand that we all come from financially different backgrounds.
Old 07-21-2006, 05:58 PM   #38
Samantha
Goodness gracious he's hot!
seller

My Mood:

How about we just let the thread die now. There really isnt anything else that can be said.

Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 06:03 PM   #39
a_cthelen
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha
How about we just let the thread die now. There really isnt anything else that can be said.

AMEN!

Old 07-21-2006, 07:59 PM   #40
mom2hancj
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Can I just say two things??? It is super cute! and I crocheted a lamb recently and it took forever!! The mane that Tolstoy has is pretty labor intensive ...just like the wool all over my sheepy