Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 04-26-2014, 08:13 AM   #1
Registered Users
Overnight trainers with stay-dry?

We have actually EC'ed since 4 weeks of age but are looking at "completion" soon (DD is 13.5 months). We went ahead full-time in trainers/undies this week, are helping her learn how to sit on her potty by herself, reintroduced the potty sign, etc. (helping her to be more independent with pottying, basically, and are doing much better than in the recent past*). This week, we have had 0-2 misses per day with the trainers and all, AND she is suddenly going 2-3 hours instead of more like every hour, so I think we'll be sticking with trainers/undies from here on out. Fingers crossed!

I have continued to put her in her "nighttime" diapers overnight (Blueberry pockets, well-stuffed with microfiber), but I'd like to switch her to some sort of trainer/trim pull-on style for nighttime, as I think it would be better for her psychologically, given her response to daytime trainers this week. The Blueberries are soft but SO bulky/stiff, YK?

To set the stage, here...

She has been dry on waking for the day (with no pottying in the 10-11 hours she sleeps) about 50% of the time since 3 months, and about 75% of the time since 10 or 11 months. But she still does pee 1-2x/week, so I want to keep her dry at night if she goes. I don't actually care that much if the outside of the pant is waterproof, because we put her in fleece pants as well, to protect against leaks (we also cosleep in our bed). It also may not need to be super-de-dooper absorbent, because even when she does pee, it's usually a moderate amount and she still has plenty of pee left for the morning potty.

But I DO want fleece or something stay-dry against her skin, and I DO want some sort of trim pull-on style like undies/trainers. I thought about putting fleece liners in regular trainers and fleece pants on top, but I thought she might still end up with wetness against her skin where the fleece wasn't touching.

So... sorry for the novel, but... thoughts?

*From like 4-11 months, we consistently had only 0-3 (usually 1-2) misses per day, but since then, many/most days we've had up to 5-6 misses or more, as she has clearly wanted to do more herself, but we were in the middle of a move, etc.

WAHM to a newbie (3/2013), Miss L.

Proprietor of Terreign-- vintage-inspired jewelry from natural materials.
buko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 10:25 AM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Overnight trainers with stay-dry?

I like the grovia my style (my size?) they have a stay dry fabric and my daughter likes the different color options withe the interchangeable side panels.
Pineapple987 is offline   Reply With Quote