Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-25-2014, 09:24 AM   #1
greengranny
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Britax Pavilion issues

Dd just bought a pavilion after a LOT of research. Dgd has to use the little seat pad that is required for under 22 lbs. the problem is, her positioning is awful, it's super tight over her shoulders while being loose toward her waist. It's almost like the piece between her legs is too far forward, by with the insert on the seat it can't be any further back.

What in the world should we do?

Stacey, from iPhone using DS app

Advertisement

Stacey, wife to Steve, Mom to 26yod, 24yod, 22yod, 20yos, Granny to 4 and #5 due 1/16
Step-mom to 28yoss & step-granny to 5, Caretaker of 2 dogs, 5 cats + Kool & the Gang (my roo and his "chicks")
Christian SAHM/Granny & Disney travel planner - hbirthed, b-fed, cd'd, co-slept, sel/delay vax, didn't circ
greengranny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 10:31 AM   #2
kimmyj
Registered Users

Re: Britax Pavilion issues

Are you talking about this thing?

(sorry for the horrible photo the glare from the reflective thing is awful)

I don't know about the Pavilion, but my son is in a Marathon and I was told by a tech that "It's simply for comfort and you can use or not use at your discretion" when my son was 18lbs (we had not been using it since we bought the seat when he was 16lbs, but ran into some weird fit issues and started using it again).

He is now 20lbs and I have taken it out again (I find it to be a pain in the butt). I tried to find the manual for a Pavilion to check for you, but I was having a hard time pulling it up.

Last edited by kimmyj; 04-25-2014 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Photo didn't work
kimmyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 11:18 AM   #3
juliasmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
You are making me want to check the manual, but I never used that insert and my DD started using the Boulevard/Pavilion at 5 months and 16#. I believe you only use it if it makes them fit better. Also, the crotch buckle MUST be in the inner slot for RFing, so look under the cover and check that it is.

Eta. Yes, page 15 of the manual says the infant body pillow is for comfort and improved fit, and to remove when the child is comfortable without it. If taking the pillow out doesn't fix it, make sure you are using the chest clip to loosen the harness. The are little straps attached to the HUGS that don't loosen properly if you pull somewhere else on the harness. You need to fasten the chest clip and pull outward while loosening the harness. Also, when you tighten it pull the slack out from around her hips and toward the shoulders where it tightens.

Last edited by juliasmom; 04-25-2014 at 11:26 AM.
juliasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 11:24 AM   #4
kimmyj
Registered Users

Re: Britax Pavilion issues

Yes, make sure her crotch buckle is on the inner slot, and pull all the slack from around her legs before tightening the harness.

Having the harness tight at her shoulders is what is important, the straps will not always fit flush against her belly.
Old 04-25-2014, 11:40 AM   #5
lilannies mama
Registered Users
seller

Mine came with a wedge looking pillow you push up in there for that. I bet that's what she's talking about. It does take up a lot of room & makes it hard to get a good fit. I never used it or had to but I played with it to see what it did. So I have no advice I was just thinking you op may be talking about the wedge & not the comfort pillow thing.
lilannies mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 07:46 PM   #6
jmnanny
Registered Users
seller

The new g4 version has a different pad that is mandatory, can you post a pic OP
former CPST. In love with my soldier DD 10/23/13 Baby #2 EDD 3-23-2016
jmnanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 10:28 PM   #7
greengranny
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We took it out. I'm gonna call Britax Monday, but if it's mandatory, we will have to return the seat because we cannot get a safe-looking fit.

This is her fit after we removed the seat pad:

Attachment 167047

I still don't know how I feel about it. Those rubber pads on the chest meet up with her neck strap pads and it makes them flip out. Without the neck pads, she gets marks from the straps.

We are seriously disappointed. Dd has a small car so she needed one of the seats that fit a smaller car. I just really expected a much better fit with a Britax than this appears to be. With it tight at her shoulders, it still seems she has too much slack.
Attachment 167048

And with that mandatory seat pad, there is NO WAY for her to get a safe fit. It's awful.

Stacey, wife to Steve, Mom to 26yod, 24yod, 22yod, 20yos, Granny to 4 and #5 due 1/16
Step-mom to 28yoss & step-granny to 5, Caretaker of 2 dogs, 5 cats + Kool & the Gang (my roo and his "chicks")
Christian SAHM/Granny & Disney travel planner - hbirthed, b-fed, cd'd, co-slept, sel/delay vax, didn't circ

Last edited by greengranny; 05-06-2014 at 10:29 AM.
Old 04-26-2014, 10:39 PM   #8
AggieMindy
Registered Users
seller

I believe you can take the "hugs" off to create a better rear facing fit, but you have to have them forward facing. That might help.

We installed our britax advocate and it was a nightmare installing and figuring out were a good place to tether would be.
And it takes some work to get DD tight and secure.

It was way worse than assembling ikea furniture!!!!! Lol
AggieMindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 09:52 AM   #9
greengranny
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
The hugs are the rubber pieces?

Old 04-27-2014, 10:41 AM   #10
bpirof
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by greengranny
The hugs are the rubber pieces? Stacey, from iPhone using DS app
Yes the rubber hugs can be taken off for rear facjng, they are only required for forward facing. I had trouble getting lo really tight because the angle to pull the tightening strap isn't great. So with one hand I hold the splitter plate in the back and pull it down and with the other I pull the slack out with the strap. It works great

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Last edited by bpirof; 04-27-2014 at 10:42 AM.
bpirof is offline   Reply With Quote