Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-21-2006, 06:39 PM   #1
Rhianna'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
beginners questions

Ok, I am just in the process of thinking about beginning cding. I am playing around on the web trying to figure everything out. I have a couple of questions.

1. Do pocket diapers generally need a cover or are they fine on their own?

2. This is more a curiosity than anything because I think I'm missing something. So I hear a lot of people talking about how they have all these cute contour diapers in cute designs (and they are cute from the pictures I've seen). However, don't you lose all the cuteness when you have to put the cover over them? Or do you just not use a cover?

Advertisement

Rhianna'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 06:42 PM   #2
LuAnn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: beginners questions

Pockets need an insert of some kind and after stuffed you use like a disposible diaper AIO, are AllInOnes and you use it like a disposible type deal, fitteds NEED a cover Umm other mamas can tell you more.
LuAnn
Old 07-21-2006, 06:48 PM   #3
sandrc
Registered Users
seller

ditto what the other mama said.
about the fitteds and covers, i do usually let DD run around home without a cover on but there are also really cute fleece and wool covers out there too. i also just got a snap-ez nylon cover that is pretty transparent. it's not completely clear but you can see the print through it though. the snap ez cover is very roomy. it does fit really well over my bulky fitteds when none of my other covers would.
sandrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 10:01 PM   #4
roseselene
Registered Users

Fuzzi bunz and other pockets dont' need a cover -- but do need stuffing.
Yes there are some really cute fitteds and contours out there -- such a shame to cover them up with a cover -- but its also nice to let baby go coverless at home - so you can still see the fun prints.
Plus it makes you smile while you're folding your diaper laundry
Amy
Old 07-21-2006, 10:13 PM   #5
Bare Bottom Gear
Cruelty is a tyrant that's always attended with fear
Formerly: SAHMTo2
seller

My Mood:

AIO's are more expensive and they can take longer to dry.

Then there are AI2's. Those are AIO's and instead of having the soaker pad (soaks the pee up) inside between the outer and inner layers it is snapped in so when you open the diaper up there is this pad snapped into it. Sometimes it's something you fold in 3rd's and snap in, sometimes it's a one piece deal that needs no folding. Some soaker pads lay in and don't have snaps.

AIO's won't last as long on some kiddos as pockets do. They will wick (when the pee soaks through the soaker pad/insert and starts coming through the outter layer where you can see it and feel it and may leak through clothes...very important to change every 2-3 hours - PUL is the outer layer on Pockets and AIO's - Polyurethane Laminate).

I can put a pocket on my son for 3-4+ hrs (he's a medium wetter). I've never had leaking issues. If you stuff a fuzzy bunz too full with inserts it can be too thick and cause the diaper to leak/wick.

If you have any ?'s and don't feel like posting you can do a search or read old posts in Diaper Chatter or pm me!

Check out my other FSOT items, I've got diapers, yarn and fiber for sale!!
Bare Bottom Gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 10:32 PM   #6
mihrimah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

There are cute contours and yes you're covering it up with a cover, but I always have DD is a cute cover too...
ArtistryYarns on Indie Dyers Cooperative: A glorious yarn and fiber shop!
mihrimah is offline   Reply With Quote