Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-12-2014, 01:31 PM   #11
Lizanne
Registered Users
seller

Re: i just spent $290 on a seat i hate :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthy Momma View Post
Ya i tried pulling them out all the way, buckled and unbuckled. And i tried pulling them fast like if they got jerked in a crash, nothing.

You should call DAIMLER CHRYSLER at 1-800-853-1403. Or THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S AUTO SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-DASH-2-DOT (1-888-327-4236). They can tell you if your vehicle was under a recall for the seatbelts not working and should be a free fix if so.

Advertisement

Last edited by Lizanne; 05-12-2014 at 02:11 PM.
Lizanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 01:33 PM   #12
AzulMariposa
Registered Users
seller

In the town and country your seat belts lock at the buckle. As long as the shoulder and lap belts are parallel, they can not slide.

Also, hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the mighty tight May have messed up your seatbelt. It can stretch the seatbelt too much and actually weaken it. Check the seatbelt carefully.
Old 05-12-2014, 01:34 PM   #13
AzulMariposa
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizanne View Post
You should call DAIMLER CHRYSLER at 1-800-853-1403. Or THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S AUTO SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-DASH-2-DOT (1-888-327-4236). They can tell you if your vehicle was under a recall and should be a free fix if so.
Was there a recall? Or are you just saying this in regards to the seatbelt locking?
Old 05-12-2014, 01:34 PM   #14
an_aurora
Registered Users

Yes, your belts lock at the latchplate.

If the seat is that upright, I would be concerned is not in recline mode.
an_aurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 02:00 PM   #15
Lizanne
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzulMariposa View Post
Was there a recall? Or are you just saying this in regards to the seatbelt locking?
Just giving contact numbers to see if there is a recall ( in reference to the post stating the seatbelt will not lock when pulled out all the way, nor when it is pulled fast).

Last edited by Lizanne; 05-12-2014 at 02:02 PM.
Old 05-12-2014, 02:01 PM   #16
Earthy Momma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The way the seat belt is ya i guess technically it locks but really theres no way it stays tight enough to be safe.
it was like that before i used the mighty tite, and it is that way with all the seat belts not just the ones i used the mighty tite on, but i could see how that could happen..

Wut info would i need to findout if mine was recalled.
Old 05-12-2014, 02:11 PM   #17
saraley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
The way the seat belt is ya i guess technically it locks but really theres no way it stays tight enough to be safe.
it was like that before i used the mighty tite, and it is that way with all the seat belts not just the ones i used the mighty tite on, but i could see how that could happen..

I have a Chrysler Pacifica- and mine is the same way and looked it up on-line and said that most vehicles made after 2002 have locking belts except for some Chrysler models and Dodge models. My Husband's truck is a Dodge- and doesn't lock either.
Old 05-12-2014, 02:20 PM   #18
Lizanne
Registered Users
seller

Quote:

Make, model and year of vehicle is all you need.
Old 05-12-2014, 09:43 PM   #19
jjordan
Registered Users
seller

I'm not sure what the recall is that's been brought up here.

If the belts have not been recalled, then they DO lock. However, the shoulder portion does NOT lock (except in a crash), so I suspect that may be the source of the confusion. OP, the lap belt is what is holding the seat in, not the shoulder belt.

It would be very helpful if you could go to a good CPST to get your installation checked out. I recommend you start with this thread on car-seat.org. If there isn't anyone near you on the list, there is a link in the first post on the thread for a wider search tool.
jjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 06:31 AM   #20
meljc
Registered Users
seller
seller

Since the seat has lock offs, you shouldn't need to worry about locking the belt.

But if your child has a long torso the Britax convertibles probably won't last you until age 4. Did you try contacting diapers.com to see if they'll let you return it? Perhaps you can beg. I doubt it, because they wouldn't be able to sell for retail, but perhaps you can ask about swapping it for a Nextfit or another tall seat with lock offs. Worst case scenario is that you use the seat for 6-12mo and then sell on Craigslist.

Regardless of what you do with the seat, contact a local CPST for installation help.

Great customer service from:

meljc is offline   Reply With Quote