Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-27-2014, 01:09 AM   #21
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by emceejee
Have you checked on that while pregnant this time or in the past? I was under the impression that insurance had to cover a pump now, no questions asked.
My insurance covers 1 breast pump per birth every 12 months.

Advertisement

Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 01:11 AM   #22
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaChirpy
Thank you so much for your reply! You summed up in one post lots if things I have been trying to get into my pregnancy addled brain. I have since checked with my insurance and they do cover pumps now!!! Yay!!! So I'm excited to try that route if for some reason nursing hurts terribly again. I did have my DD checked for tongue ties last time and she didn't have any. I think the thrush being so bad is why it hurt for so long. Also, her mouth was really small. She was very petite. Although she technically was latching correctly , she still couldn't get positioned well enough. I also had a major vitamin D deficiency (which is why I couldn't heal from the thrush). Thankfully, we caught that and fixed it. About 6 months in my baby grew and everything got easier.... But still hurt just not as bad and not as often. I have not connected with my local LLL group. I do get their emails and I know when their meetings are. I also know one of the leaders. So maybe this time around I will actually go. Just having the option to pump if I need to resort to that for comfort sake has taken a great load off my mind about the whole thing. I also have just rearranged my kids rooms so that now my two youngest will be right across the hall from my room. So I will actually have a "nursery" with a dedicated nursing station instead of sprawling on the couch. That will be so much better. Thank you again and I will definitely PM you if I need to.
Get the pump even if nursing doesn't hurt. Heck if your insurance covers it call and get it in the 1st week home just to have on hand.
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote