Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-05-2007, 11:42 PM   #21
JAMmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pictures--absolutely necessary? Negotiable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manna00 View Post
I've GOT to see pics. And I try to save those pics on a folder on my desktop--that way if the posting gets deleted after being sold and the purchase is REALLY off from what the picture said I have proof.

"Will post pics later" is tricky to me too. It seems like there's be a lot of SLOW transactions are here lately.. if you don't have pics yet, it's okay to wait to click "post", KWIM? You can take the time to write it all up and then post it when you have a pic. I just don't like having to keep checking back for pics.. especially if it's something I know I want.

I also will not email for pics. It's a pet peeve. One can always ask how to post pics in the post anywhere (ask the pros, etc). It's kind of like a sign that you've learned the ways of DS and are a little more vested in the forum if you learn how to post pics. JMHO.
I will post the description to get it out there, and try to get the pic up asap, but sometimes kids interrupt and it takes longer. But at least I can get part of it up, or else it may never get done.. I may do it seperately out of convience...

Advertisement

Check us out on Facebook
JAMmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 12:03 AM   #22
Rannensmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If the price seemed too good to be true I would definately want pics, but I would send you a pm to request them so you knew I was interested
Old 09-06-2007, 10:15 AM   #23
mom2mybumpy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'd want pics. I was one of the many moms recently scammed here and the seller DID have pics for my items, I think she just kept selling off the same picture to several of us. Fortunately, pp covered it for me, but it left an impression on me for sure and I won't buy without.

All that said, I think I sold my first 4 times without pictures, but all except one of those transactions were pretty low dollars. I'm grateful that the mamas took a chance on me because it got me a little feedback to get started. But all those items were in like-new condition and no one was disappointed when they arrived.

But with all the sketchy dealings I've seen lately, I would not buy if I saw a seller had a lot of things up and no pictures for any of them. I think you're going to have to bite the bullet.
Old 09-09-2007, 06:51 AM   #24
Mommyk8
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I bought something from someone without pics. 2 dipes were good 2 bad luckily we were able to work everything out. But I will always want pics from now on. Less of a hassle.