Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-20-2014, 07:48 PM   #11
dabblersupreme
Registered Users
seller

Re: ugh - preschool teacher comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaMarty View Post
I read "confrontational" in your post...maybe you were trying to say "non-confrontational".
haha, good catch! yes, i meant non-confrontational! mornings are usually a tight squeeze on time but i'm hoping to catch a moment to speak to the teacher soon. tomorrow, at least, i don't have a meeting that starts 2 minutes before i can possibly arrive to work

Advertisement

dabblersupreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 08:27 PM   #12
Juvanilla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If I were in your shoes, I would just let the teacher know that I still nurse my daughter, in case my daughter brings it up. End of story, no explanation needed.
Juvanilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 08:41 PM   #13
dabblersupreme
Registered Users
seller

update: i finally was able to pull the teacher aside casually this morning to ask her about it (i was about to resort to requesting a phone meeting because mornings are too hectic and she's gone by the time i pick up in the evening). when i asked her if she said anything to my dd about mamma milk (i wanted her side of the story of course) she said "no, that's a personal matter. we only discuss independence and chores and frame it in the context of animals, like ants working together in a colony". i wondered to myself if too much time has passed now, so i specifically mentioned how i nursed her at the open house, and she said that's a private matter not of her concern. so i said okay and went on my way.
dabblersupreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 08:52 PM   #14
MommaMarty
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well that sounds like a positive resolution. i totally thought of this post because i had a child announce, "My mom has nipples!" i said "oh yes, mamas do" and i was sure like 10 kids were going home to say "my teacher says you have nipples!" i love toddlers and body talk!
MommaMarty is offline   Reply With Quote