Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-08-2007, 01:33 AM   #11
Rannensmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Arrow Re: Just need some support *UPDATED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rannensmom View Post
Thanks Mommas
As soon as the flu thing went away I got hit with a cold. Lymph nodes are all swollen and I'm too achy to touch anything! Looking up larger sheilds tonight so I can get back on top of things
Quick update mommas! It wasn't a cold, it was STREP! Although a mild form that doesn't require antibiotics. Felling much better now and my larger pump sheilds came in the mail today. Hoping to get back into the swing of things this weekend.
I was wondering, could having the wrong size shield affect whether or not I was getting results? I know it takes awhile...but it seemed weird to me that I got nothing from pumping, but I can express teeny tiny drops by hand (They seem a lil bigger now though. Almost an entire drop! So sad that that's exciting

Advertisement

Old 09-08-2007, 05:15 AM   #12
lorrinwagner
Registered Users
seller

Wink Re: Just need some support

I find that if you are comfortable, looking at pictures and really thinking about milk shooting out, it will eventually come. Whether you are relactating or not it is almost all mental. Not feeling good really makes a difference but so does not being relaxed, when you express by hand you are probably more relaxed. Try some nice music, a quiet spot and really just thinking about gushing rivers of milk! Good luck, I am sure it will come, just have patience and believe (kind of like a milk fairy I guess). Either way, good luck and keep up the great work, a drop is a drop closer!
lorrinwagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 05:43 AM   #13
Heather8183
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Just need some support

Good luck!!! Keep up the good work and it'll pay off soon!
Heather8183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 11:52 AM   #14
CrunchyMama0607
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

HUGS momma, glad your bigger sheilds came in!! Also try massaging your breast as you pump and relax as much as possible. I think its awesome that your relactating!!
Old 09-08-2007, 12:05 PM   #15
rlsadc
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Just need some support *UPDATED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rannensmom View Post
Quick update mommas! It wasn't a cold, it was STREP! Although a mild form that doesn't require antibiotics. Felling much better now and my larger pump sheilds came in the mail today. Hoping to get back into the swing of things this weekend.
I was wondering, could having the wrong size shield affect whether or not I was getting results? I know it takes awhile...but it seemed weird to me that I got nothing from pumping, but I can express teeny tiny drops by hand (They seem a lil bigger now though. Almost an entire drop! So sad that that's exciting
drops add up

and its likely that since you nipple wasnt being stimulated properly, that itput hamper on things. its hard to say. keep us updated

rlsadc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 05:49 AM   #16
lulusmom
Keepin' it Crunchy!
seller

My Mood:

A lot can be said for warm cloths on the breasts for about ten minutes beforehand, and leaning forward while pumping.

Helen-Natural birthing, extended bf'ing, cosleeping, non-vaxxin' mama to Holly Lu 8/18/07
lulusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 10:03 AM   #17
Eolion
Registered Users

My Mood:

Just wanted to send some encouragement your way! Keep up the good work, it's not an easy thing you are doing! These Mommas have lots of advice already, I'll only add chug a bunch of water 30 mins before you pump and see what happens. I have issues with pumping if I am not full on water! This is possible! And it might sound weird, but maybe ask your SO to help out since mouths are more efficient than pumps