Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-08-2007, 08:06 AM   #21
lovemygirls
Registered Users
seller

Re: ok, lay on your + preemie stories!

My mom had pre-e with me, she had me at 25 wks. I weighed 1 pound 13 ounces, and was 12 1/2 inches long. I was in the hospital for 8 weeks and went home on good friday (whatever date that was that year). I was on oxygen for 20 mins and then I was breathing on my own. You will be in my thoughts through your remaining pregnancy.

Advertisement

Ginger

Last edited by lovemygirls; 09-08-2007 at 08:11 AM.
lovemygirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 12:55 PM   #22
jls~Kain~Drake
Registered Users

My Mood:

My cousin had her last little girl at 29 weeks. She had something like a bicornate (-sp?) uterus and placental abruption (i think). She's now almost 4 yrs old (born on mine and my dads bday!) and you'd NEVER know she was such a preemie. She did really well in the NICU too. A friend of mine had her son at 32/33 weeks (emergency c/s because of HELLP) and I think he's had a little more of a rough time, but nothing serious. He's a healthy 2yo now

Good luck!!
Old 09-08-2007, 03:33 PM   #23
beautiful8
Registered Users
Formerly: beautiful7
seller

My Mood:

Carson...I am praying for you, I just popped in here actually to check and see if you had been on sweetie!

My oldest DD was premie almost by 6 weeks, at least (not sure of conception day with her could have been earlier...)

She is 13 in a few weeks She had some initial delays, but caught up fairly quickly in many ways.

the good thing is, your baby is past that crucial 28 week mark Carson....

the fact that she is almost 32 weeksi good, make sure they give you the steroids (which i am assuming they are if they have not already )

And keep your chin up! ok?
(((hugs)))))))

I'll pm you my number in case you need it!!!

Last edited by beautiful8; 09-08-2007 at 03:37 PM.
beautiful8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 03:39 PM   #24
NadyaNaz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My sil gave birth to her son at 34 weeks. He was a healthy 6lbs even. Absolutely nothing wrong with him and wasnt in the nicu or anything. He was like a full term healthy baby. He latched on great and is a great nurser. Other than being in the breech position he was perfect.

eta: he is a growing 3 month old!

Good luck mama!

Last edited by NadyaNaz; 09-08-2007 at 03:41 PM.
NadyaNaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 05:44 PM   #25
mom_of_3g_1b
Registered Users
seller

I had my girls at 32 weeks. They were in NICU for 18, 19 and 25 days. Their biggest issue was learning to eat, maintaining their temperatures and low heartrate/forgetting to breath. I had the steroid shots and they probably made a big difference. Now they are very active two year olds who do have some slight delays but nothing significant. They get sick really easily but I honestly have no idea if that's related to their prematurity.

Good luck and I hope all goes well!
Old 09-08-2007, 05:55 PM   #26
marymom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

my dd Hope was born at 32 wks but had stopped growing at 28 wks. she weighed 2 pounds. b/c of steroid injections she was breathing on her own. she stayed in the hospital until she reached 4 pounds. she is now a very healthy 7 year old.

i'm praying for you mama!!!
Old 09-08-2007, 05:56 PM   #27
kalebnlillismomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I went into spontaneous labor at 35 weeks with both of my LO. DS was in the hospital about 3 extra days, and DD stayed in for about 2 weeks. Both are happy and healthy, and growing like weeds! GL mama!
Old 09-08-2007, 05:59 PM   #28
1happymama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My DD was born at 34 weeks 6 days and had no problems!
Her lungs were great and she was incredibly healthy, just small weighing in at 5lbs. 2 oz. and 18 inches long. They kept her in the NICU until she gained back enough weight to satisfy the docs...8 days. She did have some problems early on with reflux but that worked itself out on it's own in the first few months. She's an energetic and intelligent almost-4-year-old now!
1happymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 06:02 AM   #29
3rockstars
Registered Users
Formerly: FaeryGnomeHome
seller

My second daughter is a 34weeker due to PPROM. I had high blood pressure throughout the pregnancy but all tests came back normal for pre-e. I went into preterm labor at 24w, 27w, and finally my water broke at 32w. I had the steriod shots and 3 days of antibiotics in the hospital before a pit induction. She weighed 5lbs 3oz and was 18 inches long and came home at 5lbs even. It was rough at first and she needed to stay 2 weeks. She had a lot of trouble eating, she had trouble keeping warm. But she came home and today she's a healthy feisty little 2 1/2 year old who's happy to be in the process of becoming a big sister. She has some sensory issues relating to her prematurity, but otherwise is caught up and actually is ahead of her peers her chronological age in some things. She's a fighter, that's for sure.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:34 AM   #30
pfamilygal6
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have 2 preemies that early (and two more 36 weekers).

Susannah:
Ctx and bleeding at 31 wks. Put on Mag Sulfate for 5 days, given betamethasone shots. Ctx stopped, sent home on bedrest, taking Procardia and Terbutaline. PROM'ed at 33 wks 5 days. Went to hospital, taken off tocolytics. Ctx started the next morning. Anna was born at 34 exactly. She was 5 lb 4 oz, breathing fine. Nursed in the delivery room for 30 minutes. We were discharged home together the next day.

Abigail:
Some confusion about dates. I was nursing Anna when we conceived and only had one short AF between them. Doc was going by those dates when sono consistently showed me to be 3 wks behind. Water broke at 36 wks by his dates, 33 by sono. Went to the hospital. She was completely transverse. Had a c/s - she weighed 4 lb 15 oz. Abby was breathing very fast and after 12 hrs in the nursery was transferred to the NICU. I was TICKED because she probably would have done fine if we'd done the betamethasone shots to mature her lungs, but the docs said I was farther along. The NICU nurses said she definitely looked like a 33 weeker. Covered in vernix and lanugo, genitalia immature, etc. She was in the NICU for 4 days to rule out sepsis and get her jaundice under control. The only really bad part about the NICU was that they were not very bf friendly and she had major issues nursing.
pfamilygal6 is offline   Reply With Quote