Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-14-2014, 08:52 AM   #51
zulupetalz
Registered Users
seller

Re: How old is too old (for you, personally) to have a baby?

I think this is a very individual decision. I just had my fourth, I was 37 at the time. The pregnancy was harder on me than my other 3, so I'd say I was pushing it a bit. For me, it was borderline too old. If I was in superb health and shape, maybe it wouldn't have been so hard, though. I have a lot of friends who have had babies well into their 40's. It depends on your support and your individual situation.

Advertisement

zulupetalz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 06:56 PM   #52
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

I used to say 30.....but im 30 right now and want 1 more.

My sister had a baby in may and was a year older (at 37) than my mom was when she bacome a grandma (at 36).

Search with SwagBucks & earn gift cards!
ADORABLE WINTER HATS FSOT!
BNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 07:55 PM   #53
alaskamum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

For me it's less about age than situation. I would love another baby but my last pregnancy was rough and I can't imagine doing it again or putting my family through it again. Although I would be extremely proactive to try to have a better pregnancy, so maybe it would be better. Plus 3 kids in 3.5 years was a lot, I couldn't keep up that pace. Maybe if I waited until the baby was 3 or something it wouldn't be so difficult.
and M
alaskamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 10:19 AM   #54
rohirette
Registered Users
seller

For a woman who goes through undergrad and then professional school, only then gets married and then takes a year or two with her new husband and time to become financially secure and build a reputation in her field... she may not even be ready to start trying until 30, or even 35. Wildly different from getting married at 18 and having a baby at 20.

I'm in between those two scenarios, life choices wise. I'd say my cutoff is 38ish, give or take a year.
Old 09-14-2014, 06:01 PM   #55
melissalaurel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I wanted to be done by 30.
I'm 35 and unexpectedly expecting number 6. <3

mom to 5 boys and expecting a GIRL in January.
Melissa Laurel Fiber Artist
Ravelry profile: melissalaurel
melissalaurel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 09:30 AM   #56
rosefall
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Our plan was to be done by 35. We planned to have four. If all goes well, #4 will be born this spring, a few months before I turn 35.
Old 09-17-2014, 06:30 AM   #57
chette
Registered Users

I met the love of my life later in life, so now I would say 45
chette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 12:33 PM   #58
AmandaHW
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I thought I would be done by 30, but I had my last baby (probably) last year at 36. I would love to have one more, but we had to have fertility treatments (b/c of DH's vasectomy) to have this one...and I'm just not sure we can go through that again

FWIW, most of my friends didn't start until their 30s, they all have at least Masters degrees so when I had my first at 27 and it was several years before any of my friends had their first babies.

I have a Masters in Engineering so was not even out of school until 24. I had one at 27, one at 28 then my husband left us when my boys were 1&2(long story, but let's just say my 8 year old has an 8 year old half sister...). My youngest is from my second marriage. I'm trying to convince DH to try for one more, but I'm 37...and he's a lot older than me so it's a tough sell. He has two older boys, then I have two boys, and I would like a sibling who is close in age to our son, but again...I think the odds on that are slim. We may try for one more, but even if we do, we aren't guaranteed that treatments would work again. But, if we did I would be at least 38. If you had asked me 10 years ago I would have said no way to a baby at 38 LOL, but circumstances change.

Last edited by AmandaHW; 09-17-2014 at 12:43 PM.
AmandaHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 02:11 PM   #59
Kaysto
Registered Users

I am 42 and pregnant, and while the "symptoms" have been a bit rougher than my last pregnancy at 35, it only took us a couple months of trying to get pregnant and I feel great. I'm paying more attention to my health than I did with my other pregnancies, but other than that it's been the same kind of ride. I don't think I'd want to do it at 45, but I said that about 40 when I was 35. So who knows?
Kaysto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 05:59 AM   #60
Beebs2424
Registered Users

My Mood:

I am 37 and pregnant with my second. I was not married till 31, has my DS at 34 and just TTC and became pregnant at 37. Will have this babe at 38 and I feel great!!! This will be my last child but I would consider having another despite my age. I love kiddos
Beebs2424 is offline   Reply With Quote