Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-10-2014, 11:12 AM   #1
li'l skeeter
Registered Users
seller

How soon after progesterone injection did you give birth?

Started projesterone injections around 18 weeks, currently 31 weeks and have 5 doses left. I've heard on average, labor/birth may happen 7-10 days after last injection...so that would put me at about ~36.5 weeks...much better than my 34 week premie! Any mama's want to share their experience with these injections and how soon labor/birth happened?

Advertisement

li'l skeeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 04:19 PM   #2
apurkeyp
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: How soon after progesterone injection did you give birth?

Well I had them starting at 16 weeks with my last and was still getting them when I went into spontaneous labor at 35.0. He was born that evening. Perhaps that wasn't the best example. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using diaperswappers.com
Old 07-10-2014, 04:41 PM   #3
Addicted2Chocolate
Registered Users
seller
seller

I started mine just after having a Cerclage placed at 14 weeks with my last pregnancy. I did them weekly until about 30-32 weeks and stopped because if didn't want to spend the money on just a couple of shots. DD was 3 days overdue despite 2 rounds of Castor oil, tons of walking, getting my membranes stripped and nipple stim and blue/black cohosh. My friend is a midwife so she was helping me try to get labor started in safe ways, oh and sex didn't work either.

My water spontaneously broke FINALLY.... It was my longest pregnancy and I thought she would never be born. I had just begged my doctors to induce me later in the week on the day when I finally went into labor. DD is very stubborn still. Lol.

I'm not waiting around this time and will be scheduling a repeat c-section after my v-back delivery did a lot of damage to my insides and pelvic region.
Addicted2Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 11:52 PM   #4
Mamaleah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How soon after progesterone injection did you give birth?

My friend has done injections for her last 3 pregnancies and always stopped around 35-36 weeks. All were born close to their due dates.
SAHM to Keila 9/08 and Brycen 10/10. Expecting #3 ~Our Rainbow Baby~ March 2015!
Mamaleah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 11:23 PM   #5
Gardyloo
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
My first was a 32 weeker, so with #2 and #3 I did progesterone injections from 18-36 weeks. #2 was born at 38w 3d, and #3 was 39w 5d. I was shocked that I went so long with #3. I was expecting to go into labor around 38 weeks again.

I will say that a normal length pregnancy feels REALLY long after you have a preemie. While I was extremely thankful for my full-termers, those last couple weeks are killer, especially when you are expecting to go early. I'd say, expect to go full term (or later), but prepare for going early