Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-06-2014, 07:23 AM   #151
birdseye
Registered Users
Formerly: clothbyl**
seller

Re: The I Love MotherEase thread for 2014!!

I will put some pics up this afternoon

Advertisement

birdseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 07:29 AM   #152
Servant4Christ
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
I don't have pictures.

Before I added snaps, there were six front snaps. I added 4 snaps to the front so I can fold down the rise. The snaps look just like the snaps on the front of the meos.

I had a 6 lb newborn. I truly don't think the meos would have fit him as a newborn. By making the front of the small econome fold down, it makes a smaller option. Using the small unfolded on a small baby has less bulk than the meos folded down. I just wanted some more options for my friend.
That's awesome! I never would have thought to add more snaps since ds was just shy of 9lbs but I imagine smaller babies would need a smaller rise so it's a great idea to have the option regardless of whether you end up using it. Did you space the new snaps the same distance lower as on the meos? And did you use kam snaps or babyville? I have a pair of snap pliers but have never used them before. Any tips on how to do this without botching a great diaper would be much appreciated. This sounds like a great idea for a newborn stash as the sizing would be more versatile and a little trimmer yet just as effective as the sandys. You've essentially made a sm with an xs option so it seems like it could be used longer because you don't need 2 diff sizes. Genious! By the time it's outgrown, do you think the meos would fit alright? Oh, and also: Will the sm econome fit under a xs meaf (or newborn dappi) or do you have to size up to sm covers?

Last edited by Servant4Christ; 08-06-2014 at 07:49 AM.
Servant4Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 10:47 AM   #153
birdseye
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servant4Christ View Post
That's awesome! I never would have thought to add more snaps since ds was just shy of 9lbs but I imagine smaller babies would need a smaller rise so it's a great idea to have the option regardless of whether you end up using it. Did you space the new snaps the same distance lower as on the meos? And did you use kam snaps or babyville? I have a pair of snap pliers but have never used them before. Any tips on how to do this without botching a great diaper would be much appreciated. This sounds like a great idea for a newborn stash as the sizing would be more versatile and a little trimmer yet just as effective as the sandys. You've essentially made a sm with an xs option so it seems like it could be used longer because you don't need 2 diff sizes. Genious! By the time it's outgrown, do you think the meos would fit alright? Oh, and also: Will the sm econome fit under a xs meaf (or newborn dappi) or do you have to size up to sm covers?
I used kam snap pliers with size 20 snaps. I spaced them exactly like the meos. Yes, the meos will fit fine after the small is outgrown. My 20 lb 1 year old still wears the meos with the front folded down...and he has a long rise. He can also fit in the small econome. I have only used thirsties duo snap covers. The meos fits fine under the size 2 (although sometimes I do have to tuck the diaper in around his legs). I assume the small will fit under size one.

I have taken pictures, but my computer is being grumpy right now. I will work on getting them on here.
Old 08-06-2014, 01:36 PM   #154
Servant4Christ
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

birdseye: Thankyou so much for all the helpful info!
Old 08-06-2014, 03:37 PM   #155
HopefullyMama
Registered Users
seller

Loving my Sandies for my 6-week old (already in the smalls). We have the regular unbleached cotton ones, and man are they absorbent! <3
HopefullyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 06:39 AM   #156
Servant4Christ
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

At what point do you start using your MEOS?
And does anyone have a pic of the small econome on a nb or small baby? I cant find an action pic on a smaller/younger baby ANYWHERE.
Old 08-07-2014, 08:00 AM   #157
birdseye
Registered Users
seller

Ok. Here are some comparison pics of the small econome, large econome, and meos. I hope this helps.

***I have added the fold down rise snaps to the small econome. It did not come this way from motherease.***

Old 08-07-2014, 11:24 AM   #158
Servant4Christ
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Ok. Here are some comparison pics of the small econome, large econome, and meos. I hope this helps.

***I have added the fold down rise snaps to the small econome. It did not come this way from motherease.***

Wow! Thankyou for the comparison! I thought the large econome and meos were going to be essentially the same size but they clearly are not. Makes sense as to why the absorbancy is 1oz less.... a little less fabric.
Old 08-08-2014, 09:08 AM   #159
NEkalmia
Registered Users
seller

Quote:

Wow, thanks for all the pictures. That is a great comparison of the diapers, and it looks like the snaps were a fabulous idea for really tiny babies.
NEkalmia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 11:40 AM   #160
Servant4Christ
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Wow! I am seriously thinking about buying both sizes in the econome and adding the extra row of snaps to both just for the added versatility. That along with a few gently used meos and some covers.... I'd be all set with a super easy and simple streamlined stash.