Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-20-2014, 12:44 PM   #411
love2bmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Waiting for my ultrasound tomorrow at the high risk doctor to see if the placenta previa has resolved. Then I have an appointment with my ob in the afternoon and we'll schedule a csection at 37 weeks if it hasn't. I suspect we'll be scheduling an induction at 37 weeks even if it has resolved, because they're so concerned about avoiding another abruption.

Advertisement

love2bmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 03:50 PM   #412
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Summer 2014 Due Date Chat (June, July, August!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2bmommy View Post
Waiting for my ultrasound tomorrow at the high risk doctor to see if the placenta previa has resolved. Then I have an appointment with my ob in the afternoon and we'll schedule a csection at 37 weeks if it hasn't. I suspect we'll be scheduling an induction at 37 weeks even if it has resolved, because they're so concerned about avoiding another abruption.

how many weeks are you now? Are you still having bleeding? I hope everything goes well at your appts !!
justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 07:13 PM   #413
love2bmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by justineybean View Post

how many weeks are you now? Are you still having bleeding? I hope everything goes well at your appts !!
I'm almost 34 weeks and haven't had any bleeding since about 30 weeks, so that's awesome! At this point, the main concern is avoiding another abruption... They'd rather have delivery scheduled than have another gushing bleed and have an emergency on our hands.
love2bmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 02:06 PM   #414
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2bmommy View Post
I'm almost 34 weeks and haven't had any bleeding since about 30 weeks, so that's awesome! At this point, the main concern is avoiding another abruption... They'd rather have delivery scheduled than have another gushing bleed and have an emergency on our hands.

Oh of course! I'm sure if it were me I would certainly prefer that too! That's great you haven't had anymore bleeding the past month but it must be scary being unsure if it'll happen again. Good luck with everything and let us know when you have an update!
Old 07-21-2014, 05:12 PM   #415
imnotacodfish
Registered Users
seller

I'm 37 this week, but the center was totally booked so I can't get an appointment until next week. I was supposed to schedule my c-section this week. I'm seeing residents, so I hope I can schedule with someone farther along in their residency. I was thinking of calling this week just to see if I can schedule.
imnotacodfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 07:22 AM   #416
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Summer 2014 Due Date Chat (June, July, August!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnotacodfish View Post
I'm 37 this week, but the center was totally booked so I can't get an appointment until next week. I was supposed to schedule my c-section this week. I'm seeing residents, so I hope I can schedule with someone farther along in their residency. I was thinking of calling this week just to see if I can schedule.

Good luck with getting your appt and c-section scheduled! I hope you're able to get someone you feel comfortable with... Have you seen most of the residents before? At how many weeks will they do a c-section?
Old 07-27-2014, 07:46 PM   #417
imnotacodfish
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by justineybean View Post
Good luck with getting your appt and c-section scheduled! I hope you're able to get someone you feel comfortable with... Have you seen most of the residents before? At how many weeks will they do a c-section?
I couldn't get in for a 37 week appointment at all. I haven't seen very many people. I've actually mostly seen the nurse practitioner, who wouldn't deliver me. I don't really mind that, though. There are a lot of residents. I think it would be impossible to see them all!

I go Tuesday, and I'll set my date then. I deliver at 39 weeks. It's ideal to not go into labor with a section, because then it's less stress on your body. Baby #1 was an emergency c-section, and #2 was a non-labor schedule. I noticed a drastic difference in recovery, not having gone into labor.
Old 08-08-2014, 11:11 AM   #418
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnotacodfish View Post
I couldn't get in for a 37 week appointment at all. I haven't seen very many people. I've actually mostly seen the nurse practitioner, who wouldn't deliver me. I don't really mind that, though. There are a lot of residents. I think it would be impossible to see them all!

I go Tuesday, and I'll set my date then. I deliver at 39 weeks. It's ideal to not go into labor with a section, because then it's less stress on your body. Baby #1 was an emergency c-section, and #2 was a non-labor schedule. I noticed a drastic difference in recovery, not having gone into labor.

Did you have your baby yet? Hope you got in with someone you felt comfortable with

I am 41w2d still waiting...

Sent from my iPhone using diaperswappers.com
Old 08-16-2014, 10:08 AM   #419
imnotacodfish
Registered Users
seller

Elinor Rose arrived August 6! I was really happy with the resident I got. She did a great job. We're adjusting to home life (mainly breastfeeding), but all is well!

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 08-17-2014, 08:04 AM   #420
Kcolleran
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Beautiful baby congrats!! Glad everything went well
Kcolleran is offline   Reply With Quote