Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-10-2014, 05:47 PM   #21
Mama2four3angels
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKylie
I have not used it but a friend of mine has. She struggled a lot with it and eventually withdrew from it. It was extremely difficult for her to do the "face time" that was required with the teacher because there were only a small amount of times you could log on to the computer to do so. It often conflicted with things and it wasn't flexible. I know another person who used it and disliked the strictness of it. (Having to log in, report progress, etc) I've not heard good things about it from anyone I've talked to.
I've heard this as well.

Advertisement

Mama2four3angels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 06:06 PM   #22
oregonmom
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: K12 programs... Opinions??

I know some people who buy the curriculum and use it and they like it, but I have found very few people who enjoy doing the K-12 through the virtual academy.
We did it one year in Idaho and it just seemed like there was way too much busy work and even though at the beginning of the year they say that the teacher will work with you an any problems you have with getting the work done and motivation when I brought up problems the answer I got was just deal with it and make him do his work.
Old 08-10-2014, 07:03 PM   #23
wahoo7881
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: K12 programs... Opinions??

I did K12 with my 9 year old last year and I loved it. Everything is laid out for you and it's still considered public school, it's just a virtual school or online school.
wahoo7881 is offline   Reply With Quote