Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-24-2014, 07:29 PM   #11
kanga1622
Registered Users

DS1 wet at night almost every night until just over 3. At 3 years 4 months he decided he was ready for unders at night. We went with it and just washed bedding if needed. It took about 2 weeks until he got a handle on it. Now at 4.5, he sometimes sleeps through the night and sometimes gets up for a potty break.

We do still have an occasional nighttime accident but no one is perfect and we still have daytime accidents a couple times a week. My OT coworker said that some kids just don't get the urge to go until the last minute so it takes them longer to completely give up accidents.

ETA: we used regular cloth diapers day and night until DS1 decided he wanted unders. It was enough of a battle to get him to attempt a potty break when he was having skin issues so we let him decide when he wanted to be done with diapers.

Sent from my iPod touch using DS Forum

Advertisement

Last edited by kanga1622; 07-24-2014 at 07:32 PM.
kanga1622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 01:49 AM   #12
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady
seller
seller

My dd is 4.5 and still wets every night. She wears a pull up and sometimes still soaks through that. My 2 yo wakes up dry but is NOT potty trained in the day. But I'm guessing once she is she will go straight to undies at night too. None of my other girls have had an issue bed wetting once they were PT but my brother wet the bedfor an extremely long time and so I wondered if it could be hereditary.
Old 08-10-2014, 10:27 AM   #13
CaylaEP
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Bedwetting routine?

My DS is 4 and never wakes up dry at night. He sleeps in trainers for his nap (1.5-2 hrs long) and is dry 95% of the time. He is a super deep sleeper and my pedi said deep sleepers sometimes just don't feel the urge or even notice when they pee in their sleep so not to bother with trainers or anything till he naturally is waking to pee or waking up dry bc it will just be miserable for both of us. One diaper a day isn't bad for me. I am going to put his old little potty in his room and have him pee right before I go to bed everything night starting this week to see if this helps him wake up dry. His is 100% day potty trained since he turned two.
Old 08-11-2014, 01:25 PM   #14
pokeyjr79
Registered Users
seller

With my DD, we used pull-ups until she started pushing back on wearing it at night when she was about 32 months. She was day trained since 22 months and staying dry for naps. DH or I try to sneak in in the wee hours (I'm often up with our 7 mos old DS) and put her on her little potty which we leave in her room for her. But she's gone all night plenty of times. In the month and a half or so that she's been sleeping in undies she's wet the bed 3 times. I just change her bottoms and throw a waterproof pad over the wet spot and change the sheets in the morning.
pokeyjr79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 05:48 PM   #15
amfl85
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just wanted to chime in my DS drinks a lot, he is almost 5. He asks for a lot of water all day long and before bed. But what I do is I take him to pee at midnight every night. He won't wake up on his own. And if he doesn't go pee he will wet the bed. So I just take him and usually this works for us.

Sent from my iPhone using diaperswappers.com