Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-09-2014, 07:52 AM   #1
AFWIFE87
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Hirschsprung Disease

Hello!

My two year old has HD and I'm curious if any other moms here struggle with this disease in their family?

Advertisement

Wife, Believer, Friend & Mama to: Henry & Sullivan & expecting boy #3 in August!
AFWIFE87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 09:44 PM   #2
mekat
Registered Users

Re: Hirschsprung Disease

Not Hirsprungs but I deal with bowel management and motility issues since day 1 with my 9 year old. He has had two colostomy surgeries and two gastrostomy surgeries. His motility is so bad the GI will not run barium tests any more due to his inability to pass the barium so now if we have to do radiology studies it has to be a ct scan with contrast. Just recently he had to have significant portion of his lower bowel removed because even drugs weren't able to control his problems.

He is right now the healthiest and happiest he has been all his life thanks to removing the bad bowel tissue. I have been able to drop both his upper and lower motility meds and now all he takes is a PPI. I am hoping this good run of health lasts but feel jaded because there always seems to be something else that goes wrong eventually.
mekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 03:54 PM   #3
AFWIFE87
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am sorry that I'm just seeing this!! I am glad tour son is happier and healthier!! Great news hugs and good luck in the future!
Wife, Believer, Friend & Mama to: Henry & Sullivan & expecting boy #3 in August!
AFWIFE87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 10:57 PM   #4
mekat
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFWIFE87 View Post
I am sorry that I'm just seeing this!! I am glad tour son is happier and healthier!! Great news hugs and good luck in the future!
Thanks for the good wishes.
mekat is offline   Reply With Quote