Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-15-2013, 10:41 AM   #21
tjs77tsa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: *rant* They finally took his license

The CS system here is totally messed up my daughter went to live with her dad because she thought I was mean when she was 16 he owed me $5k but I had to pay him while she lived with him because what he owed me was on his case and they had to open a new and separate case for me. He has since filed for disability so they sent me a letter saying he has no means of repayment so as far as they are concerned he doesn't owe me anything. After reading this thread I m starting to think it isn't just the state of Iowa that has it all wrong when it comes to these things.

Advertisement

tjs77tsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:55 PM   #22
wild-rose
Registered Users

My Mood:

my ex managed to get away with not paying anything for 15 months before CA decided to catch up with MN and threaten to suspend his license. He made a payment twice in order to get his license back (he's a truck driver) and is headed back to court in a few days. I hate how messed up the system is. How my ex has managed to beat the system for well over a year and does care that his kids are being supported by my husband vs taking care of what is his responsibility. Sorry to rant. I can sympathize with what you are going through
wild-rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 04:36 AM   #23
Beaners_Mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I forgot I even made this thread....heh. I saw someone comment and the title and I said "I can so understand that". So I open the thread and it was me who started it. Can I still claim pregnancy brain when the baby is over 3 months old? Lol

Anyways, as a sort of update we've been in and out of court for awhile over his nonpayment. The judge said he wanted to see him making a consistent payment, even if it was only $5 a week. My ex heard "$5 a week" and hasn't paid anything over that since. Sometimes I get $5 a week, sometimes not. As it stands now I hasn't received anything since the last time we went to court (almost a month ago).

Anyways, the judge closed the case and told him he willfully violated our agreement. This is the 2nd time he's gotten one of those. He said he was going to ask for a status update in May. So he has 8 weeks to be current on his support and pay the arrears or he's facing jail time. The judge asked me if I wanted to send him to jail (the last time we went to court) and I said no, but only because of my DD & the other kids in his house. So we came up with the agreement that he has 3 months to pay it off, then he'll face jail time if not.

Considering he hasn't made a payment in almost a month, since the case was closed, I'm not too hopeful he'll be caught up in 8 weeks. He's still trying to get disability. He told the judge that he was "at the mercy of the system" and the judge told him he still has responsibilities and it's not fair to expect me to take care of them.

So it's something right? I hate the idea of him going to jail, just because I know he'll tell the kids it's my fault, but he needs to pay his support. He has enough income every month to pay for cigarettes, cell phones & eating out. He can help support his DD.
Old 08-15-2014, 09:41 AM   #24
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

he should go to jail. hes abusing the system and the rights of his own childs welfare.

how much do you need to be in back pay to go to jail? i know someone who hasnt paid in 2 yrs yet drives a paid off suv and gets disability (for nothing) while he refuses to work. id like to see him get in trouble cause I feel bad for the mom and child. at least, he should get his license suspended