Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-16-2014, 04:34 PM   #21
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: Are lottos allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarai* View Post
I think this is a question of "what kind of community do we want to have". There are other sites where people have found ways to profit from having an in demand brand/print of a diaper, either by auction, or just charging a lot. This is another way to profit from getting far more from a diaper than the retail value is worth, even if you perceive it to be fairer to a buyer. This site seems to shy away from that, I think when I got an FSOT badge I read that one cannot list diapers for above their retail value. I'm guessing the point being that the bottom line is community, not one person looking to profit. Here people help each other out. I might buy a diaper you tried, and didn't work for you, offset the cost, and benefit both of us. But what I DON'T do (on this site) is stalk in demand diapers and try to make a big profit off of them here, not even for charity. This is in the same vein as selling a diaper for more $ than retail, even if the total isn't paid by one person.

Here the word "lotto" means, I'm helping another family out. I'm passing on what I am no longer using, or sometimes even offering a new item to lift up someone else. Or, someone gave me something, and now I am paying forward. All of these support community. All of these things are much, much nicer than "pay me for a chance to win". There are plenty of other places for stuff like that.

Cluelessdad it may sound corny or sappy but in a way, for many of us, it is family here. I would no more take advantage of my sibling or cousin in that manner than I would anyone on here. Is the place perfect? No, it isn't. There are of course issues. As long as people make up the forum there will always be issues though.

Advertisement

Last edited by qsefthuko; 08-16-2014 at 04:36 PM.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 07:20 AM   #22
jeepingbaby
Registered Users

Re: Are lottos allowed

So are these lottos why I cannot get an Ella Bella Bum diaper flat out period? Their whole site is bought out continually, and I've also watched their own prices raise even $14 per diaper on some diapers overnight. Even if 20 diapers come up in one fell swoop, they are gone immediately.

Lottos ruin it for everyone, and kudos to diaperswapper for making the right call on this. I don't think it's entrepreneurial to do that sort of thing, rather it is almost a shady form of stealing. People who could otherwise get the diaper now can't get it, the company worked for the profits, but they are the ones getting them, and the people who invested money buying a "hope" have nothing to say for it. The whole system feeds money mismanagement (unless the buyer is using exclusively money they can afford to throw away I guess, and who has that?).

Where are these auctions at anyway? They aren't ebay. There isn't a single Ella Bella Bum on ebay at the moment, and I know someone bought about 20 yesterday (the moment they came online for sale).
jeepingbaby is offline   Reply With Quote