Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-21-2006, 03:59 PM   #31
MamaJo
Go sell crazy some place else, we're all stocked up here.
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: Got my diaper with MARKER on it!

I think it bothers people when problems are aired publicly before taking it up with the wahm. In the first two posts that were removed, it wasn't only about getting advice, it was venting a frustration about the wahm/diaper (which I totally understand the frustration...just not the making it public).

We're just saying that taking it up wtih the wahm first is best....she would probably even know what the pink marker was and might be able to give better tips on removing it, or might offer to just replace it instead of having you remove it.

Its all good, we just need to keep in mind that we should always exhaust communication with the wahm before posting. And of course, not mention names publicly

Advertisement

Taking a break to focus on God & family

MamaJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 04:00 PM   #32
Hayley
Registered Users
seller

It was my fault I mention the Paypal thing here in this post!
Sorry I should have stayed with in the posts title instead of stating this in her OP!
I was also one that had an issue and I also was a bit upset!

I am sorry to have started the trouble here that was not my intention I just wanted to help this momma with the steps to take is all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahs_mommie
That is understandable!

Here is what I would do......

1. I would email her and let her know what the deal is and send pictures to her so she knows (also to prevent future problems)
2. Wait 1 week to hear what she can do for you.

3. if she has not returned you email I would file with paypal as item was not as described.

Sorry that this is happening!
Old 07-21-2006, 04:07 PM   #33
brayg
Registered Users

naw...no drama at all. I just posted as an FYI, as even the most innocent of questions could possibly affect the WAHM. Whether it causes others to feel a certain way about her or HER to feel a certain way...I'd hate for my mistakes to be broadcast to several hundred/thousand people, kwim? I'm a perfectionist though.

As far as the marker goes, if it hasn't come out with washing, it may not come out. In the 2 years I've been making dipes, my water soluble marker didn't come out of one diaper. I think it just may have been how it reacted to that particular fabric. What color was the marker on this dipe?
Old 07-21-2006, 04:14 PM   #34
Melissa
Banned
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by brayg
naw...no drama at all. I just posted as an FYI, as even the most innocent of questions could possibly affect the WAHM. Whether it causes others to feel a certain way about her or HER to feel a certain way...I'd hate for my mistakes to be broadcast to several hundred/thousand people, kwim?

I agree 100% that is why I said what I did. I will always try to do what is right for the customer, and I am sure this mama will too!
Melissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 04:49 PM   #35
MommaRhi
Registered Users
Co-Op Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

With those markers, if its blue, you need to use cold water and dab it on it. Hot water may set it.
Old 07-21-2006, 05:39 PM   #36
Minniebees
Registered Users
Formerly: Mom2two
seller

My Mood:

This is why I use washable crayon on my sewing. I'm not joking, it ALWAYS washes out, and hey, I've always got tons of crayons laying around, lol.

As for the loops in the embroidery. It is really hard to get good looking embroidery on a fabric with a nap like velour, and those loops are probably from the stabilizer. I would guess that she used a water soluable stabilizer, and when it washed away it left some places that were more loopy than the rest. It's hard to describe.
Old 07-22-2006, 12:14 PM   #37
hillymum
Registered Users

Sounds silly but did you google Ink Stain Removal? That might have been an idea.
A friend of mine swears that spraying hairspray onto ink, waiting a few hours then washing in cold water removes ink really well. Sadly after doing so many hot washes you have probably set the ink perminantly.
hillymum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 03:06 PM   #38
MomsHelpingMoms
Registered Users
Formerly: teresaarrington
seller

Sol U Mel! It is made by Melaleuca and it takes out everything including permanent marker! I used it to take tar off my car (didn't hurt the paint at all); I used it to remove turquoise playdough from my light burber carpet. Best of all, it is 100% non toxic and non caustic. If you aren't interested in turning all of your home into nontoxic products, you can probably find Sol U Mel on Ebay. If Sol U Mel doesn't get it out, nothing will.

Miley Rae was born July 29, 2008 6lb3oz 19"
MomsHelpingMoms is offline   Reply With Quote