Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-09-2007, 11:53 AM   #1
CrunchyMama0607
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Talking Havin fun the thrifty way :0) *~PICS~*

Last night DD kept wanting the empty 2-liter that DH had so I put her some dry beans in it and DH made sure the lid was on really tight...tada~maracha! then she ran and got her empty gerber wagon wheels can and used it as a drum and I made another maracha using an empty drinkable yogurt container that I use as a drinking cup...I found a few leftover stickers and decorated it Then we did a few crazy dances w/dd and laughed so hard~it was a blast!

And we had fun asking her what the dogs name was (his name is chase but recently shes been calling him d!ck) Yeah...thats a no-no so i'm trying to get her out of that but we had the late night crazies and found everything hilarious. We also watched Bridges of Madison Co. (such a good romance movie!) The best things in life are FREE

loving on the maracha

drumming along

and this was the day before yesterday~toys....who needs toys when you got boxes?!

Advertisement

Last edited by CrunchyMama0607; 09-09-2007 at 11:56 AM.
CrunchyMama0607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 11:58 AM   #2
TNEarthMama
Registered Users
Formerly: taranbabyjayden
seller

My Mood:
Re: Havin fun the thrifty way :0) *~PICS~*

Ahh how sweet!!! Yup the best things in life are free..

We live near the high school and they were having a band competition, so we could hear the drums from our house... So I put DS in stroller last night and we strolled over to the fence line, and watched them play, and it was loud and rythmic (SP) and he and i danced, well he bounced LOL.. It was free, and it got us out of the house!

BEST THINGS IN LIFE ARE FREE!!!
TNEarthMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 12:00 PM   #3
emilykaysmommy
Registered Users
seller

My 9 month dd claimed an empty cheetos can (like you get at the Dollar Tree) as a drum! she crawls over to it, smacks at it and moves on. She loves emply soda bottles too! I never really thought to put anything in them... will have to try it.
Old 09-09-2007, 12:03 PM   #4
CrunchyMama0607
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

LOL I just love FREE entertainment!! We also did a mini-pg belly photo shoot but I'll keep those pics hid LOL they show some boobie

Yep-dry beans are cheap and work wonderfully! Its even funner when you decorate them (the container,not the beans lol) w/stickers...our big maracha aka 2liter still had its label on though b/c dh didn't wanna take it off notice its the generic .61 pop? gotta love kroger soda!
Old 09-09-2007, 12:21 PM   #5
emilykaysmommy
Registered Users
seller

I was thinking we could super glue the lid on so DD can't possible open it and choke on the beans (yes she already has the general idea of how to open a bottle, she sits there trying to twist it off)... but then you can't recycle the bottle!!! so I haven't figure out what do about that...
Old 09-09-2007, 01:21 PM   #6
CrunchyMama0607
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hmmmm I'm not sure~my DH screwed the lid on so tight that I couldnt even get it open
Old 09-09-2007, 05:25 PM   #7
bebeboy03
Registered Users
seller
seller

aww!! My dad used to work at a grocery store when we were growing up and he would bring home these HUGE boxes for us to play with!! We would make forts out of them. Your dd may be a little young for this, but we used to take the kitchen chairs and lay them on their sides and put blankets over the tops of them to make a fort!! We grew up in the country and didnt have other kids to play with, etc. so we came up with different ways to entertain ourselves!
cautiously expecting #4 October 2013
bebeboy03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 03:30 PM   #8
CrunchyMama0607
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thats the best kind of fun and it really helps there little imaginations grow Shes a music addict! LOL (country girl here as well~its amazing all the free things you can come up w/to entertain ya!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebeboy03 View Post
aww!! My dad used to work at a grocery store when we were growing up and he would bring home these HUGE boxes for us to play with!! We would make forts out of them. Your dd may be a little young for this, but we used to take the kitchen chairs and lay them on their sides and put blankets over the tops of them to make a fort!! We grew up in the country and didnt have other kids to play with, etc. so we came up with different ways to entertain ourselves!
Old 09-10-2007, 05:52 PM   #9
bebeboy03
Registered Users
seller
seller

Funny., I was just going to post that another fun idea was to turn the radio or some music on and have a dance party. I'm a country kind of girl myself and my ds loves music!!
cautiously expecting #4 October 2013
bebeboy03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 11:49 PM   #10
CrunchyMama0607
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebeboy03 View Post
Funny., I was just going to post that another fun idea was to turn the radio or some music on and have a dance party. I'm a country kind of girl myself and my ds loves music!!
LOL, great minds think alike!