Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-12-2007, 10:32 AM   #11
redheadedangels
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Grocery Exile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ri'smom View Post
Angel, just a side note: The coupon train I use runs through MO (that's where I am, too) and I think last week we had an opening for a rider. It runs close to St. Louis so if you are somewhat near there . . . I could check if you'd like.
what is a coupon train? and i'm in Jeff City which is almost 2hrs from stlouis

Advertisement

redheadedangels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 11:05 AM   #12
ri'smom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You take all your inserts from the Sunday paper (and anywhere else) and clip them all. Keep what you want/need then sort the rest into four categories and mail them to the next rider. We go round robin so you mail to the same rider (unless somebody is skipping that week or someone's left/added the train). When you get your envie for the week, you take what you want and then add at least that many q's back. I always have way more to add. It's pretty simple. Some week's there aren't many useable q's for me, but then other weeks it's crazy. Like say on the Ken's marinades. We obviously use those all the time so if there are mulitples I take them and then when they are on sale like 4 for $$ I use that many q's. I haven't had store yet tell me no. And Walgreens. The things I do to them with sale + q + rebate should be criminal. It takes planning though. I usually take some time once the kiddos are in bed and make lists and pull q's so I'm ready to go.

Let me know if you are interested. I'll email the owner and ask if Jeff City is okay. I think I'm the only one in MO so I don't know if you are too far. I doubt it, but you never know.
ri'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 11:20 AM   #13
Namaste

Peace To All Who Enter
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

From thegrocerygame.com, I stockpile. I hate that list as most of the stuff is prepackaged garbage, but it does offer some good stockpiling stuff. This week, I got three jars of sauce for $.83 each (Prego). I'll bring one to church with us on Sunday for the food drive that is done every week.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:31 AM   #14
ri'smom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namaste View Post
From thegrocerygame.com, I stockpile. I hate that list as most of the stuff is prepackaged garbage, but it does offer some good stockpiling stuff. This week, I got three jars of sauce for $.83 each (Prego). I'll bring one to church with us on Sunday for the food drive that is done every week.
Yep, some weeks are definitely hit or miss. I like the food drive thought . . . I'll have to do some extra slick planning and get a booty for the November drive for the Boy Scouts.
ri'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 11:33 AM   #15
funkymama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Guilty! Your stockpile sounds very similar! Though, thanks to limited cupboard space, mine's on a smaller scale. Sounds like you could meal plan from that for awhile. I had to do that not long ago, but I usually have the same things stockpiled since they regularly go on sale. What a dork am I ... I'm excited that tomatoes are $1/28oz can this week.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:52 AM   #16
Birdof1985
Banned
seller

My Mood:

we dont over stockpile but we do stockpile on boxed and canned items....
Birdof1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 10:19 PM   #17
CrunchyMama0607
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

LOL not too bad of a habit I'd do that but I have an itty bitty side by side fridge & it doesn't hold much -sigh- I do need to stock-pile on dry pastas next grocery trip
Old 09-13-2007, 07:54 AM   #18
redheadedangels
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by earth_mama06 View Post
LOL not too bad of a habit I'd do that but I have an itty bitty side by side fridge & it doesn't hold much -sigh- I do need to stock-pile on dry pastas next grocery trip
we have a small fridge also but most my stock pile is not in there. Though i do have our freezer stuffed! Most my stock pile is bagged or boxed items like pastas/beans/rice and canned stuff like sauces/beans/soups. I've been rearranging my kitchen trying to get everything in sight better so that i remember i have those 9 bottles of spag sauce and don't buy more (unless they're on super sale of course! )
redheadedangels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 01:26 PM   #19
DivineNature
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Shoot! I've gotta cook that turkey from last November....Oh crud! I forgot I thawed chickens to cook. EEK! Gotta go cook me some chickens.

Yah, I stockpile, but try really hard to rotate it and not let things go to waste.
You haven't joined SWAGBUCKS yet? JOIN NOW & earn prizes!
DivineNature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 02:59 PM   #20
CrunchyMama0607
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

LOL

You could keep an inventory of everything you buy-all the things you stockpile on so that you always know what you have. Or make a master grocery list (print off a bunch of copies to use each week or 2wks) and for each thing you need, highlight that item on the list so that nothing gets forgotten