Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 07-23-2006, 08:59 PM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: need ideas for snacks

I am 14 weeks pregnant and food does help me to feel better. I eat about every 2 hours, somtimes more. I have found that at night if I eat a pb&j sandwich on whole wheat bread and a glass of milk, that helps me feel good or somewhat better in the morning. Although, it does not work all of the time. Also- I can almost always feel better if I make a egg sandwich with cheese and ham. Somtimes I use whole wheat bread or sometimes I use tortilla shells just to be different. If I am out and about, a McDonalds cheeseburger- just the small one will help me feel better. Oh and right now I can drink a glass of orange juice which has high protein, but I know soon that will give me heartburn. I try to carry with me granola bars and peanuts and starlight mints. The red and white ones.
Hope this helps!

kpapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 09:48 PM   #12
Go sell crazy some place else, we're all stocked up here.
My Mood:

I can't do yogurt, cheese, milk....any dairy. And I'm allergic to eggs. Whats scary is I'm craving eggs! lol

The ritz bitz pb crackers seem to be the only thing that sounds good. Oh, and my favorite anytime, the quaker chewy granola bars. But hey, its food right? lol I don't know if the m/s is subsiding, or if the more frequent eating is doing the trick...but I am feeling a little better

Thanks for all the ideas! OHHH, and thanks for making me crave a HUGE FAT breakfast burrito!

Taking a break to focus on God & family

MamaJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 11:02 PM   #13
Accomplice to the Temptress of Fuzzi Fannies Diapers
My Mood:

Oh man you sound just like me!!! I normally do not like eggs and now I am craving them! Weird!!! But I am on the plain bland thing myself....

I was also craving the grilled cheese someone suggested, but it was too greasy, and no way could I handle garlic right now....whooooey!

I have been eating wheat toast with a little butter and strawberry jam, rice, saltines, warm tea....that ALWAYS helps my stomach. Cantelope, fresh, seemed to be my freind. and i do have to eat all the time....just nibble...celery is pretty plain. I am going to try the avacados someone suggested, I love those!!

What is SOOO the McDonalds thing!! I HAD to have fries and a onions....the other day and it DID make me feel better!! Normally I dont like mcds too much! They must have a secret! lol

Hope some of the suggestions help !! I KNOW how yer feeling!!!
~Lauri~ Mama of 8 blessings~ wife to Grady~

Avi pic: Leland 1 yr
annes_cottage is offline   Reply With Quote