Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old Yesterday, 01:54 PM   #151
zeotwoski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: April Chatter

Oh that is so terrible, that poor family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaLlama View Post
I think patient, consistent, love and affection are the best cures for any behavior issue, especially in a child with anxiety like that. But I'm sure you know that already and you are doing all you can.
This is my sentiment almost all the time, until attachment stuff comes in to play. Of course it helps, absolutely, for nearly every child, and I would never recommend giving *less* love than you absolutely can (which I know you already are Jen), but when there is trauma at an early age, it often takes entirely different strategies.
**Deleting what I wrote here and PMing you Jen.

Oh my, your bank--yikes! Too funny about how to spend less. Yesterday I sent a message to a company about an item I didn't receive, and then when I went to check for a reply, at that moment an email popped in from them asking me to rate the produce-- "you've had your item for a while now, how are you liking it?" Whoops!

Advertisement

zeotwoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:55 PM   #152
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Another midwife check today and at six days old the little fattie has surpassed his birth weight by two ounces. He had lost 12 so altogether he's up 14 already! He lost his cord stump today too. D(5) was asking about his cord the other day and we were talking about that's how he was connected to me and got his 'food' etc, and soon the stump would dry up and fall off. D asked what we would do with it and I told him we'd throw it away. He looked really concerned about that and said "But mom! If you don't get the cord back, how would you be able to grow another baby?!?"

Those with morning sickness, gross story warning:
After birth the midwife bagged my placenta and was going to put it in her freezer in case I decided I wanted it (she encapsules them). A day or so her car was stinking and she looked everywhere but couldn't find anything. It smells like dead body. Turns out the assistant had put the bag in one of the suitcase pockets where they keep medical supplies and it had been festering in there in warm weather for four or five days. When they finally figured out what it was, it made both her and her DH nearly puke it was so stinky. In the end they had to burn it, the suitcase, and all the supplies that were in it except a few metal instruments.

DH is getting on my nerves again. Men can be so frustrating.
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:04 PM   #153
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
Another midwife check today and at six days old the little fattie has surpassed his birth weight by two ounces. He had lost 12 so altogether he's up 14 already! He lost his cord stump today too. D(5) was asking about his cord the other day and we were talking about that's how he was connected to me and got his 'food' etc, and soon the stump would dry up and fall off. D asked what we would do with it and I told him we'd throw it away. He looked really concerned about that and said "But mom! If you don't get the cord back, how would you be able to grow another baby?!?"

Those with morning sickness, gross story warning:
After birth the midwife bagged my placenta and was going to put it in her freezer in case I decided I wanted it (she encapsules them). A day or so her car was stinking and she looked everywhere but couldn't find anything. It smells like dead body. Turns out the assistant had put the bag in one of the suitcase pockets where they keep medical supplies and it had been festering in there in warm weather for four or five days. When they finally figured out what it was, it made both her and her DH nearly puke it was so stinky. In the end they had to burn it, the suitcase, and all the supplies that were in it except a few metal instruments.

DH is getting on my nerves again. Men can be so frustrating.

Oh.my.goodness. I would have set the car on fire. Not even joking.

What is DH doing? Or not doing as is more likely?

I'm glad for the little fat baby report!

I bet he is a doll! What size clothes does he wear?
MamaChirpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:18 PM   #154
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

He is in 0-3 month stuff. And the diaper situation is easier now that the cord fell off.

Day two DH acted like he was on vacation, which he somewhat was, but was also here to help. I had been getting more annoyed and more exhausted all day. Late evening I was going to try to take a nap, I had had less than three hours sleep in two days. So he sets up a game to play with the big kids....right outside the bedroom door. I asked them to be quiet, doesn't work. I asked them to move to the other room, DH says they are having fun. Meanwhile little kids are running amok unsupervised and screeching, how DH can block it out is beyond me. DH and big kids continue to be loud directly outside the door, I ended up grumping at them, which didn't phase DH, but then crying in a way which only an exhausted new mother can. I am not a crier. That did phase him and he was super helpful until he went back to work. Now that he is back at work he has worked late both days and when he gets home is just oblivious to stuff and I am hormonal. It'll all work out in time I'm sure, I'm just frustrated right now.
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote