Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 07-24-2006, 01:18 PM   #1
Registered Users
my dipes seem to have a case of the stinkies, a ?

how have you dealt with stinkies in the past? i've never had this problem before but the last couple of wash loads (we use mainly pockets with CB and hemp babies inserts) seem to smell once they're peed in. i added a couple of drops of TTO to the wash a couple of washes ago and maybe it helped a little? we wash with allen's. anyways, what do you do about the stinkies?

ps. one thing that i think may have contributed, we just introduced quite a bit of hemp, do you think that the hemp is hanging onto the smell and it's not washing out properly b/c of it? i will definitely boil my hemp as well as any other tips!

Wife to Tyler. Mama to Jack, Oliver, Augustus and Leona Violet, brand new.
Part time Social Worker, Part time College Instructor, Full time Happy/Exhausted.
Fither is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 01:21 PM   #2
I grow people
Re: my dipes seem to have a case of the stinkies, a ?

Yeah, I was going to say boil the hemp, a lot of people seem to have that problem with hemp inserts. Your cb inserts can be treated with just a little bit of bleach. This will kill off any stinkies, but be very careful, you don't want to use bleach with any PUL pockets, it will eat the material.
TTO is good, you might want to use it in every load. Vinegar sometimes works for people, but then again it sometimes makes people's dipes stinkier, so you might want to try that in the rinse cycle to see if it helps or doesn't.
SheilaJoy is offline   Reply With Quote