View Poll Results: How much have you spent on CD's so far?
$100-$200 19 13.01%
$200-$300 27 18.49%
$300-$400 29 19.86%
$400-$900 49 33.56%
$1000 or more 22 15.07%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-23-2006, 06:25 PM   #51
belladonna
Registered Users

Re: Poll: How much have you spent on diapers?

Current stash for my 2 yo cost....about $20. Yep, that's not a typo. I made all of her diapers from fabric I've collected for years. Then I knit her a few woolies from yarn I already had (from a few yrs back, not even from my nice biz wool) and I bought a dozen assorted used covers at a great price on another board. 1 new Snappi and that's it, she's good till PT time.

I used to have a dipe addiction with my 2nd dd (first one in cloth). I pretty much got over it by dd#3. At one time I probably had $500 worth of WAHM dipes I'm all about diapering for no $ now--someone leaves a large t-shirt laying around long enough I'll cut it up for diapers, lol.

Advertisement

Last edited by belladonna; 07-23-2006 at 06:26 PM.
belladonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 09:57 PM   #52
patty_o_furniture
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I voted $300-$400, but this is our entire system (wipes, diapers, sprayer..) We have fitted two kids and using these will have paid for themselves in one more month.
patty_o_furniture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 04:58 AM   #53
GrowingUpMad
If everyone was the same the world would be a VERY boring place.
seller

My Mood:

I put $400 - $900 and I think I am at about $650 or so. I have bought most of my stash used but I am including everything in this figure (diapers, covers, wool, prefolds, wet bags and wipes). I am set for my NB and Sm stash and have a handful of Mediums (about 10) so far so honestly I think I am doing pretty well. While it seems like a lot (compared to some on here) the thought of never having to buy sposies or sposie wipes makes it even more worth it. I hate that weekly budgeting of diaeprs and wipes, seems like a crazy waste to me.
Old 07-24-2006, 05:22 AM   #54
hauser
Registered Users
seller

$400-900 here, but I bought small, med, and larges. WE are still in smalls. (ds1 has been out of dipes for about a year, so I didn't count him!) I have since sold the larges and a bunch of the one sized dipes. I need to sell a few more left over from ds1 that don't work for ds2.
Old 07-24-2006, 02:04 PM   #55
SAHMLamar
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BambooMama
I voted $1,000+ b/c I use Quicken, and I know for sure that I'm at about $1100. BUT, this includes ALL wetbags, ALL wipes, ALL covers, ALL dipes, doublers, wool.

Are we all being completely honest here with our totals, LOL, Still cheaper than sposies though!
I second that...I use an excel spreadsheet I started to show DH how much we've saved. I'm up to $1300 on it. Granted, I started 6 mo ago with my 20 mo. dd. She's wanting to PL, so we have about 6 trainers too...
I also sold some of what we bought when I realized what we liked and didn't. I've sold almost all my nb stash and am using it to fund future purchases. I haven't subtracted in a while....
SAHMLamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 02:34 PM   #56
monkeylove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think about $600ish...but who's to say, I ripped up my diaper spread sheet a long time ago, better not to think about it
Old 07-24-2006, 03:08 PM   #57
CakeMama
Registered Users
seller

i'm in denial!
CakeMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 03:09 PM   #58
lilmama2dsndd
Boobies Broke? Gorilla Glue Em!!!
seller

My Mood:

I was up to about $550 when I decided my stash was finished. Then I started buying cute stuff. Now I am up to almost $1000, but that is for two kids. And you have to remember you will be able to resell stuff when you are finished with it. That is how I justify my expensive dipes.