Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-17-2007, 10:27 AM   #31
loulou belle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: the great Diaperswappers "lovey" duplicator!

Can I win the award for "most stockpiled lovey"?

Here they all are, minus one in rotation. Three on the left have been "retired" and two on the right are brand new. She has carried Duck since she was 6 months old, and she is currently 5 years old! I am going to keep them all, and give them to her when she gets married. And, no, she doesn't know about all of them.

Advertisement

M 7-7-09
loulou belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 10:36 AM   #32
singlemomto3
Registered Users
seller

Just think how her eyes would light up if she saw all of them at once. lol wouldn't that be funny. I'm suprised you have so many.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loulou belle View Post
Can I win the award for "most stockpiled lovey"?

Here they all are, minus one in rotation. Three on the left have been "retired" and two on the right are brand new. She has carried Duck since she was 6 months old, and she is currently 5 years old! I am going to keep them all, and give them to her when she gets married. And, no, she doesn't know about all of them.

singlemomto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 10:46 AM   #33
Drearina
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sara - I love you! You're a genius! My DH doesn't seem to understand why I want to buy a couple duplicate loveys. He totally has to deal with it when bear gets lost.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:47 AM   #34
susansabrina
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You are a mom after my own heart. I have had grandma make up 4 lovey blaneks for DS now but too bad she can't make his stuffed kittybaby.
ISO:Planet Lunchbox, zorb, Small Lunette cup, ribbon for hairbows, bento style egg molds.IHA:Sm MEAF, Med MEAF, ME Toddlease, Columbia shorts XL womens, xl maternity swimsuit, Lg Zolowear ring sling in blue/grey, 2 Robeez 12-18 mo boys, wool wash, dog costume

Last edited by susansabrina; 09-30-2007 at 06:24 PM. Reason: update
susansabrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 12:02 PM   #35
Scarlet
Registered Users
seller

all 3 of my boys have "boos" they are the same blankets that are cotton edged in satin that MIL made for my DH who was the one that game them their name as a child....now he jokingly fights with our boys for boos.....MIL is a boo factory!

Scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 12:35 PM   #36
Bugaboo Bottoms
In a HUGE Pile of Wool!
seller

My Mood:

What size is this blanket? Can you measure it? I might have something similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menfusse View Post
My dd has a blanket, "gankie" to be exact. We actually started her out with a small pooh one from Walmart, but this one had been laying around and when she discovered it, that's all she wrote. Though I feel like it's prolly more the size that the actual blanket. I think she'd take anything that was silky on one side soft/minkee on the other side and was big enough to wrap around her whole body. We don't leave the house without it, and god forbid if we lost it. I haven't found another blanket anywhere that one whole side is the silky material. So, if anybody has one, or another blanket this size with one side completely that silky material, I'd love to have it. I'll pay you to get one, or pay you for one. This one was at a discount/close out store and there are no more to be had.

That is the little design on it. But, like I said, I don't think its the specific blanket as it is the silky material all over her. She'll stand like little red riding hood with it wrapped around her head and body.
Bugaboo Bottoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 01:26 PM   #37
tjcjlc99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

dd2 has a bunny (baba) from baby gund. on the belly it says "babys first bunny".and a light pink ribbon around his neck. here is a pic...the pup next to it is the color it originaaly was.

dd3 has taggie style blankets i made for her, i made 2.

Last edited by tjcjlc99; 09-17-2007 at 01:28 PM.
tjcjlc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 01:27 PM   #38
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh great idea. We are in desperate search for a duplicate right now. I've called Pottery Barn Kids, called their stockroom and warehouses, I check Ebay every single day, etc. I've never found another.

It's a Pottery Barn Kids blue stripe Rugby Blanket. They have another one that is blue and light blue, but Jack's in blue and dark blue. He's had it since the day he was born!

Less than a week old with it.

7 Months

12 Months (good picture of what the blanket looks like)

And just this morning at almost 18 months. Yes, he fell asleep in a suitcase. lol.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:47 PM   #39
Menfusse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugaboo Bottoms View Post
What size is this blanket? Can you measure it? I might have something similar.
I have no way to measure it, but I think it's probably just standard baby blanket size. Like a receiving blanket size. Just big enough to wrap herself up in, lol.
Old 09-17-2007, 02:11 PM   #40
Jewelgurl137
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisadoni View Post
This is a great idea When I was pregnant with DS my SIL told me, "whatever ends up being the baby's lovey you must try to find at least one more." Her son had a duck that she never found a duplicate for and had to repair many times. DS ended up loving a little dog from Ty that my mom had gotten him ("Wiffer"). His first Christmas he got 2 more Wiffers. I rotated them out for a long time, and usually before trading I'd sleep with the one I was going to give to him so it would have my 'scent'. He's 4 now and has all three of them in his room. Sometimes he sleeps with all 3, but usually just one. They are all still in very good condition.

It appears my girls have each attached themselves to the blanket animals they received as gifts. They are both made by a company called Bunnies By The Bay. Here is Lydia's bunny:

and Madelyn's Froggy:

Lydia likes to rub the bunny fur while Madelyn prefers to hold onto the blanket part. I haven't found a store near us that sells them, but there is one where my parent's live so I think these will be on their Birthday or Christmas with lists this year.
I have a bunny similar to that one. My DD got it as a gift from my aunt. I will ask her where she got it. Ours is white and cream, but just as cute. LOL! My son has a green one that is almost like that too. My aunt always finds cute things. I'd try to help ya out with ours, but my DD would die if she couldn't find her "bunbuneeee" when she wants it. LOL!