Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-17-2007, 02:22 PM   #41
Jewelgurl137
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Exclamation Re: the great Diaperswappers "lovey" duplicator!

I desperately need help finding another one of my DD's blankies. Her's was a "gift" from my little sister when my DD was born. My sister had it from birth, so it is almost like 10-12 years old (cuz I dunno if it was a hand me down or not from another sibling). My DD won't go anywhere without it along just in case she needs it, and yet it is falling apart. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me find one!! Even a used one that is in better shape than hers. I can't even read the tag anymore to tell you what brand it is. It might be Carters, but I couldn't tell ya for sure.

Bad pic of her blankie, but you can kinda see it.

Little bit better pic of the blanket.

Advertisement

Last edited by Jewelgurl137; 09-20-2007 at 04:20 PM.
Jewelgurl137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 02:48 PM   #42
starbuckmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: the great Diaperswappers "lovey" duplicator!

My ds didn't have a "lovey" till this past Christmas or so, 15mos old. Anyway, it is a blanket from Carters from the "Dog Gone Cute" line. It is blue with 5 dogs with names in the corner and stripped blue with light colors on the back. I will have to add a pic after he is up from nap. We have left it at home one time when we went away overnight and it was the hardest thing to get him to sleep. Never again will we forget it!!

I have found them on craigslist but usually sold with other blankets that I don't need.
starbuckmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 06:46 PM   #43
loulou belle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drearina View Post
Sara - I love you! You're a genius! My DH doesn't seem to understand why I want to buy a couple duplicate loveys. He totally has to deal with it when bear gets lost.
That is the reason we have so many. I told Dh that he could deal with it if we ever lost Duck...he quickly decided that we should buy a couple more...but they keep coming. I have paid as little as $3 and as much as $25 for them. Duck has been through a lot (trips to the dentist, first haircuts, airplane rides, trips to NYC) but Katelyn is slowly starting to give him up. It will be a sad day when she doesn't have her best friend anymore.
M 7-7-09
loulou belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 07:39 PM   #44
Michelle8903
Registered Users
seller

Great Idea! When I was little I had a blanket and my thumb. I didn't give them both up until I was 6! It got pretty yucky towards the end.

DD has just started attaching herself with this bunny. A co-worker of my mom gave it to her when she was born. I have no clue where she even bought it from. It's very squishy soft. In the heart it says "Very Special Girl".

Michelle8903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 08:06 PM   #45
hiding57
Registered Users
seller

What a great idea. My daughter's to little to have a lovey yet but I'm definetly hoping when she does it'll be something I can find another of. I read this funny article about that. This person said there was cut throat competition on ebay for retired loveys, lol.
hiding57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 12:31 AM   #46
Emily Whited
Registered Users
seller

Can this be made into a sticky so we can find it and check for each other.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:43 AM   #47
Deb60604
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangemnms View Post
I'm always on the lookout for more "blanks" for my daughter. They are the Luxe Baby blanket from BRU, color makes NO difference, all she cares about is the tag. The tag says "Koala Baby" which is the BRU brand. They are minkee with a satin edge.

If you have one you arent using we could sure find a good home for it here!

My DD has the same lovey!! And she loves the tag too, but she requires the sage green color too (we tested this by getting a blue one--didn't work). We bought a spare and we swap them out every week or so to get the same "blanky smell" and worn-out tag texture on both of them.
Deb60604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 06:58 AM   #48
shllywlly
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This is "Puppy." We won him at Dave and Busters in NYC. We currently have a stash of tickets (probably enough for 3 "puppies" but they no longer carry it. If you are at a Dave and Busters or already have one, then I am very interested. Thanks.

Old 09-18-2007, 09:46 AM   #49
lisadoni
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivparker View Post
My 3 boys haven't attached themselves to anything. I do have the froggy Lisadoni, but it has my son's name embroidered on it. Your son's name doesn't happen to be Shepherd?
Almost, our son's name is Shaun. But the blanket is Madelyn's.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:47 AM   #50
kaspears17
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisadoni View Post
This is a great idea When I was pregnant with DS my SIL told me, "whatever ends up being the baby's lovey you must try to find at least one more." Her son had a duck that she never found a duplicate for and had to repair many times. DS ended up loving a little dog from Ty that my mom had gotten him ("Wiffer"). His first Christmas he got 2 more Wiffers. I rotated them out for a long time, and usually before trading I'd sleep with the one I was going to give to him so it would have my 'scent'. He's 4 now and has all three of them in his room. Sometimes he sleeps with all 3, but usually just one. They are all still in very good condition.

It appears my girls have each attached themselves to the blanket animals they received as gifts. They are both made by a company called Bunnies By The Bay. Here is Lydia's bunny:

and Madelyn's Froggy:

Lydia likes to rub the bunny fur while Madelyn prefers to hold onto the blanket part. I haven't found a store near us that sells them, but there is one where my parent's live so I think these will be on their Birthday or Christmas with lists this year.

We have the froggy too.. We got it at the Medical City Dallas gift store when DS was born about a year ago. I don't know if they still have it, but DS isn't really attached to his (although I love it). If you need an extra! I'll PM you.