Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-18-2007, 06:02 AM   #1
Mom2BabiesA&I
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Unhappy Need *hope* or something please....Updated

Ugh...where to start?

All weekend I've had pain in my lower right side but its been off and on and whatever so I didn't think too much of it. It got a little worse here and there but not constant so I just kept doing the normal stuff.

Well last night at class it got pretty bad. Been the same spot the whole time. Since I was already downtown I just went to the ER to have them rule out ectopic or something. I was hoping they would look at me like I had 2 heads and tell me it was just a cyst or something.

Well 6 hours later I pretty much knew nothing. They had done a beta...that was up to 1100 (from 350 on Friday) so thats good I guess? However, they did an U/S and *still* can't find any evidence of an "intrauterine pregnancy". So I am sitting here waiting for my OBs to open so I can call them and ask them what on earth I do now....I still hurt so *something* is going on and I am just super worried my bean isn't where it belongs. More so terrified, not so much worried, totally terrified.

I will keep updated as I can but that was my night. I got home around 3:30am....

**update** finally got to the OB...they want me in at 2:30 on Thursday (ick!) for another u/s.....please please please pray that we see a little bean in its appropriate place.....

Advertisement

Last edited by Mom2BabiesA&I; 09-18-2007 at 07:27 AM.
Mom2BabiesA&I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 06:07 AM   #2
kymdenise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Need *hope* or something please....

Did they do the ultrasound Vag? they couldnt see anything with me very early on until they did it vaginally.. (I call the wand "The Intimidator") How far along are you? Levels going up is very good! As for the pain, I had that quite a bit with my second and thirds.. it was ligament pain, which blew my mind, becuase it felt so...inside... but my OB said your ligaments have a memory in a sense, and your whole body senses a pregnancy and WHAMMO... weird crap everywhere.. Or how about kidney stones? Those are horrible, but bean should be fine!

I'm praying for you mama!
Cautiously expecting number 5 in October
kymdenise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 06:14 AM   #3
Ima_to_6
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had something similar in my last pregnancy. The pains got so bad one night that I feared an ectopic and went to the ER. The ER was full, so after waiting more than 2 hours, I decided to just hope for the best, head home, and call the MW in the morning. She got me in for a same day u/s, though said she doubted that an ectopic would cause pain that early (about 6 weeks). The u/s tech did both regular and vaginal scans and it turned out I was preg with twins (!!!) and had a corpus luteum cyst on my right ovary. The cyst was what was thought to be causing the pain. It did shrink and then disappear during the coming weeks.

I hope that you have good news and that your bean is healthy and well!

Keep us updated
Old 09-18-2007, 06:33 AM   #4
Irishmommy
Registered Users
seller

I've been pregnant four times and never heard this until this pregnancy (#5) but it is normal for you to have a cyst on the ovary where the egg comes from and it "grows" a bit to "feed" the baby until the placenta is developed. I couldn't believe that I had never been told this before???? But, maybe that is just the source of the pain and your little bean is just getting what he/she needs from it.

Praying for you mamma!
*****No longer anxiously awaiting Aiden - He's HERE!!****
Irishmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 06:36 AM   #5
fallon
Black Sheep Boutique
seller

My Mood:

fallon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 06:38 AM   #6
Irishmommy
Registered Users
seller

Oh, and I don't know if you are religious or not but this is my favorite verse. It has given me hope in even the seemingly hopless of situations. Hope you find comfort in it...

Jeremiah 29:11 (New International Version)
New International Version (NIV)
Copyright 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society

11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

*****No longer anxiously awaiting Aiden - He's HERE!!****
Irishmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 06:39 AM   #7
laniesmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ima_to_6 View Post
I had something similar in my last pregnancy. The pains got so bad one night that I feared an ectopic and went to the ER. The ER was full, so after waiting more than 2 hours, I decided to just hope for the best, head home, and call the MW in the morning. She got me in for a same day u/s, though said she doubted that an ectopic would cause pain that early (about 6 weeks). The u/s tech did both regular and vaginal scans and it turned out I was preg with twins (!!!) and had a corpus luteum cyst on my right ovary. The cyst was what was thought to be causing the pain. It did shrink and then disappear during the coming weeks.

I hope that you have good news and that your bean is healthy and well!

Keep us updated
I had this same thing happen except mine was a singleton!