Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-24-2006, 06:20 PM   #1
viiolet
Registered Users

My Mood:
New cd mommy, need advice

Hi all I'm just getting started cding now. I've been intending to for quite some time, but you know what they say about intentions. I finally got the kick I needed to make the switch. My ? for you all involves nightime. I have a 16 month old boy who in disposables usually wakes up partially wet/partially dry. So I'm wondering if I would need to get a nightime diaper, or if it would work to use what I have with a little extra. I currently have covers with cpfs, tiny tushes os fitteds, and I've purchased some bumkins from a mama on here, but am still waiting for them to arrive. Would it be feasible to think that I could just add an extra layer in one of them, like an extra soaker in the bumkins and just fold it so it adds extra in the front? If not, what would you suggest as a nightime diaper?

Also my older ds is pting and usually wears pullups to bed. He wakes up totally dry about half the time, and the other half wakes up soaked. Any suggestions as to what would work well for him?

Advertisement

Ruth ~ 7, Jotham ~ 5, Caleb ~ 3, Evan ~ 8 mo
viiolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 06:33 PM   #2
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: New cd mommy, need advice

would it be feasible to use two of the cpf's for night with your 16 month old...a little bulky but you should see some of the nighttime solutions these mama's have LOL

as for you're older one, i bought early trainers off ebay (a dozen for $12) and they worked great for my oldest just by themselves. for my younger one is pt'ed but at night is like yours...sometime dry sometimes soaked i use a gerber training underwear then put the early trainer on over top and that does the trick! cheap solution compared to some of the trainers some mama's suggest that cost $12 and $15 EACH! and getting the smell of messed in pullups out of the house is SO nice!

Mom to 4 boys~AJ~Dustin~Brighton~Tristan~ & 1 Angel Baby Ilori
& our 1 girly Baker, 8/13
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 06:33 PM   #3
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:

or instead of doubling the cpf's use one toddler pf and fold down...that should do him!

Mom to 4 boys~AJ~Dustin~Brighton~Tristan~ & 1 Angel Baby Ilori
& our 1 girly Baker, 8/13
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 07:18 PM   #4
raceNzanesmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't really need a night time dipe per say. My 27 m/o just doesn't soak enough at night- never has. I just extra. I'd try trifolding a pf down the center of another pf or fitted. Make sure everything is tucked in the cover. I prefer a fleece liner at night. Get a cheap piece at Walmart and cut to fit inside the dipe. No sewing is needed. I like thin, light colored fleece.

CPS Tech to all- Need car seat/booster help? EMAIL me.
raceNzanesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 09:21 PM   #5
viiolet
Registered Users

My Mood:

Thanks I'm going to try the fitted tiny tush with a double liner tonight. We'll see how it goes. If it leaks, then I'll try something else tomorrow night, lol.

Ruth ~ 7, Jotham ~ 5, Caleb ~ 3, Evan ~ 8 mo

Last edited by viiolet; 07-24-2006 at 09:24 PM.
viiolet is offline   Reply With Quote