Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 07-25-2006, 12:58 AM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Kushies diaper covers - good for newborn?

We're planning on using prefolds and fitteds until our little guy grows into mediums to try & save some money, and I have a whole bunch of Kushies wraps in the 8-22lb size range that came in a lot of diapers I won on Ebay.

Will these work on a newborn or do you think I'll still need to invest in some newborn covers? Dd was 8lbs 9ozs when she was born and her umbilical cord fell off within 4 days, so I expect another big baby & the umbilical cord scoop probably isn't too too important I'm thinking...

Thoughts or experiences?

Trudy - Wife to Keith & mommy to Jillian and Jonas.
Canadian Children Restraint Systems Technician Instructor
Ebay Feedback
snowbird25ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 01:05 AM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Kushies diaper covers - good for newborn?

I used the Kushies covers when I first started CDing over a yr ago and the only thing I didn't like was the smell. They had this weird plastic smell to them. I even considered them again earlier this yr but smelled nasty still, I was hoping the previous encounter had to do with bring pregnant! LOL I tried the Kushies AIOs with my newborn and the poopies just ran out the back, I hadn't tried fitteds at that point and sooooooooooo wish I would have. I personally would just try them out or go with wool at first. They go through sooooooooooo many diapers and I've heard a lot of moms don't even use covers at first. Good luck!
Kristi, Mommy to Josh & Nick (identical twins 6-97) Nathen (3-02), Joey (2-04), Jacob (11-05) & Aaron (12-11) I sell Tupperware!
"A person's a person, no matter how small..." Dr Seuss
TwinKristi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 01:06 AM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Kushies diaper covers - good for newborn?

I have some kushies. I was also expecting another big baby, but my second was puney! Anyway, Kushies have really only started fitting my little one in the last couple of pounds. The are a big cut cover, especially in the rear. So I would say, really from about 12 lbs.
Mommy to: E 11-29-05 and A 9-25-01
Menfusse is offline   Reply With Quote