Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-18-2007, 07:51 PM   #1
ZooCrew10
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
mamas with previous placenta issues, quick Q? for ya

Did you feel any sharp shooting/burning pains where your placenta was laying just prior to it pulling away? I have been experiencing some shooting and almost burning pains where I know the placenta is (it's anterior, so laying in the front of my tummy). I was feeling like absolute crap last night, stronger contrax although not consistent or too numerous (thanks to the Procardia) but woke up this a.m. with some "old blood" and thinking it's related. But I'm wondering that if the placenta previa does give 'way, does it hurt?

Advertisement

Last edited by ZooCrew10; 09-18-2007 at 07:52 PM.
ZooCrew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 07:54 PM   #2
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Re: mamas with previous placenta issues, quick Q? for ya

when i was pg with ds#1, i tore my placenta and YES it was sharp and a burning feeling and was horrible! i bled bright red though until it changed to brown, old blood, i bled on and off for a month but all turned out fine
call your dr they will want to do an u/s
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 08:18 PM   #3
Birdof1985
Banned
seller

My Mood:

i have had placenta abruption and previa.

NOT FUN

the abruption i had no signs of it other than i kept bleeding off and on. FINALLY on the night i went into labor i literally about passed out in a dressing room and then i woke up to massive blood everywhere in my bed and went to L&D. no sharp pain or anything. Just normal contractions and bleeding.

the previa i had no signs except bleeding off and on (also related to losing a twin) as i had Fused Placenta Previa with a twin we lost at 17w4d. The placenta moved away from my cervix though and all was fine. No pain or anything. Bleeding even stopped.

so i may not be a textbook answer for you-- but i did not have sharp pains or pulling ir anything--- just bleeding and thats it.

THUS why this pregnancy every 6-8w i get a u/s to check the placenta, because i DONT need another abruption or previa.
Birdof1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 08:52 PM   #4
ZooCrew10
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah, I have numerous U/S done - six so far since 20 weeks - who knows if I'll have more. It's scary though, feeling like a ticking time bomb, not knowing if you're going to "blow" or not - meaning the previa. Sucks.
ZooCrew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 09:13 PM   #5
Birdof1985
Banned
seller

My Mood:

then you need to say to your OB- "i have an issue id like to discuss, i feel its very important to keep an eye on this placenta previa and even after it has moved to continue to keep an eye on it with repeat u/s"

and most OBs i would think would be more than happy to do u/s- but some might not and at that point you need to decide is sitting on the edge of your sit waiting more important than findin a OB who will check you?

and yes i would honest to goodness switch OBs over something as important as a placenta issue. Thats not something to screw around with.
Birdof1985 is offline   Reply With Quote