Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-18-2007, 09:08 PM   #1
sharleen (DCDiapers)
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
anyone go to the chiropratcor while prego?

I just went today, and had never gone while pregnant, but I certainly don't feel so hot now. My back is achy.... prob since it has been way outa wack for quite some time now (an old skiing injury when I used to race)
But I thought I would walk out feeling refreshed... not more sore.
Hes a really good one, that specializes in pregnancy. Maybe it will take some time to adjust to actually being straight.

My hips were quite out as well. Hmmm 4 babies in 4 years could have done it.
I am hoping for a normal baby position this time, not posterior like the rest! Do you really think it works?

Advertisement

Old 09-18-2007, 09:13 PM   #2
Wishing4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: anyone go to the chiropratcor while prego?

4 babies in 4 years...you're busy.

I go to the chiropractor. I started going after #1 was born. So I went the whole time I was pregnant with #2. Sometimes my back will ache for a day or so, but it does get better. Usually it's my neck that bothers me. He told me that nursing is often what does it. Because a mom will look down at the baby while he/she nurses and you should look straight ahead (or I suppose rest your head back a little). Carrying around babies is hard on a person too.

You should see some improvement but it may take a few weeks. I usually feel my best 2 or 3 days later.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:14 PM   #3
Birdof1985
Banned
seller

My Mood:

i went last pregnancy-- i cant say it really helped or didnt help- but it was like your are describing for me when i first started going. it got better.
Birdof1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 12:17 AM   #4
WhollyMama
Registered Users

Chiropractic care during pregnancy can be so beneficial!!
Your doc should have warned you that sometimes your body can be really sore after the initial adjustment. Because your bones and the muscles and tissue surrounding it have been out of alignment for so long, moving it all to a new area will cause some resistance. The more often you go, the better you'll feel! Some cold/hot treatment and some arnica can help ease some of the soreness for now.
It can really help to relieve normal pregnancy aches, and help get baby in proper alignment for exiting mama.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:15 AM   #5
starbuckmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I hadn't been to a chiropractor in a long time. I did go when I was pregnant with ds after hurting my upper back when having the stomach flu. I found a wonderful chiropractor! I really, really like her. I continued on thru my pregnancy and after my ds was born. She even treated my ds and did a wonderful job with him the last time she saw him. He slipped and fell in the bathroom. I noticed that he was limping a bit so we went to see her. She needed to pop his hip back in. Poor thing.

I will be continuing to see her through this pregnancy also.
starbuckmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 07:34 AM   #6
jessicap
Registered Users
seller

I have gone throughout this whole pregnancy and is one of the reasons I can move so well, other wise, its been a sore pregnancy.

I also went through the last part of the pregnancy before this one. And it was great. BUT, it is rough when you first start going. Mine warned me that I will be more sore at first, but as time goes on it will feel better and better. I have a lot of back issues and he just said my body is used to operating out of whack and so when he takes and puts me back together, my body rebels.
jessicap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 07:46 AM   #7
Jonesy
SHWING!
seller

My Mood:

I went throughout my entire pregnancy to see my chiropractor and it was wonderful. She helped to relieve so much. She obviously did things differently due to the pregnancy but it was still wonderful. I even saw her 2 days before I gave birth, she wanted to make sure my body was as ready as she could help make it...and in fact i think she made it easier (and even facilitated moving my labor along). I love my chiropractor.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:47 AM   #8
ommelissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I went every month with my first!
ommelissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 07:53 AM   #9
zenmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i went my entire pregnancy with dd and it made a total difference in my pregnancy and delivery. give it a few times for your body to adjust!
Denise, wife to Mike since 6-15-2002, PTWOHM and College Student Mommy to Samuel Wyatt (8-24-04) (who has a blue belt in Shaolin Kung-Fu) and cding, co-sleeping Andrea Rachelle (10-11-06) (Our Celiac Disease, Seizure having beauty queen).
Maybe you're offended b/c you know it's the truth!
zenmama is offline   Reply With Quote