Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-19-2007, 08:14 AM   #61
Missah78
Banned
seller

My Mood:
Re: the great Diaperswappers "lovey" duplicator!

Oh I LOVE this thread. HUGE reward to anyone that knows where I can get one (or anyone that has one)

This poor thing was yellow at one time. The tag is so faded I don't know where it came from. I do know it was 29x36ish (I believe). He had a blue one that we lost

Please, please, please help me. He refuses to drink milk unless he has yellow blankey in his hand! Won't sleep without yellow blankey!

Advertisement

Missah78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 09:44 AM   #62
meganne79
Registered Users
seller

What a great idea! I'm coming to you ladies for help before, as the OP put it, disaster happens! Here are pics of dds lovey. I posted an ISO a couple weeks ago but didn't have any luck, maybe I can find help here. It is a Chamois Lambie Thumbie Blanket from PBK. They have a newer style but I have the older one from a couple of years ago. No, dark colored stiching on the face. I once saw one on Ebay for $100! It is obscene that people would charge that much because they know that some desperate mom will probably pay it. If you have one of these or know someone who does and are willing to part with it, please pm me!

Megan

RN/CNM Student/SAHM to Maggie 03-23-06,
Nora 04-06-09, and Ben 05-03-11
meganne79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 10:24 AM   #63
bundeleh
Registered Users
seller

Could you buy this and put it into rotation and see if LO accepts it?
http://cgi.ebay.ca/Pottery-Barn-Kids-Chamois-Lambie-Applique-Blanket-NIP_W0QQitemZ200152592972QQihZ010QQcategoryZ3081QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Old 09-19-2007, 10:35 AM   #64
Heather8183
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenwaitingalongtime View Post
Heh. DD's loveys are playsilks. I interchange them constantly so she won't be in the above situations Once MIL forgot 'silky' so she gave her a satin slip. Worked just fine, tho I was kind of creeped out by DD sleeping w/ Jama's underthings

PP--can you find a link to Billingsworth?
LOL when my brother and I were little they had those thermal blankets with the silk edging...he rubbed the thermal and I rubbed the silk...so if we were at my grandparents without a blanket, he got Gramps's thermal shirt and I got Gram's nightgown. LOL
Heather8183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 10:41 AM   #65
Heather8183
Registered Users
seller
seller

Does anyone have this blanket that they're not using? I can't justify spending almost $20 on it...but would be happy to pay shipping!

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...entPage=search

One side is fleece and the other side is a patterned cotton or flannel, and the back side is also a trim around the front. It is Koala Baby from Babies R Us or Toys R Us. It's a pretty thick blanket. Any color except for girly. Thanks so much!!!
Heather8183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 04:00 PM   #66
Ashwin'sMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: onebumatatime!
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenwaitingalongtime View Post
Heh. DD's loveys are playsilks. I interchange them constantly so she won't be in the above situations Once MIL forgot 'silky' so she gave her a satin slip. Worked just fine, tho I was kind of creeped out by DD sleeping w/ Jama's underthings

PP--can you find a link to Billingsworth?
Old 09-19-2007, 08:34 PM   #67
lovebeingamommie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosieO View Post
I have a sneaking suspicion that duck is in my MIL's basement. Did it have a plastic umbrella? If so my DS broke it, but otherwise the duck is in fine shape. If you can't find another "extra" I might be able to get this one for you. Let me know, I'm sure MIL would love to help out!
Our's doesn't have an umbrella, not sure if it ever did...does your's sing, "Singin' in the rain"? PMing you!
Old 09-19-2007, 11:33 PM   #68
meganne79
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bundeleh View Post
I don't think it would work. I actually bought some "look-a-like" loveys on ebay once and she won't go for those either. She does have a blanket that will suffice if "baaa" can't be found but it is the only one we have too.

RN/CNM Student/SAHM to Maggie 03-23-06,
Nora 04-06-09, and Ben 05-03-11
meganne79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 04:35 AM   #69
lisadoni
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by debdebdebby13 View Post
Oh, and its plush and is passion fruit scented and comes with a DVD just to specify. We don't care about the DVD or the scent still being there I just need to find a duplicate bear!
oh shoot! I think this is the same bear (with dvd) that we got for DS to give to a friend for her birthday, but hers may have been lavender scented. I got it at Target and I think it was on sale at the time. If I see it on sale again I'll let you know.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:19 AM   #70
brooklynn
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisadoni View Post
This is a great idea When I was pregnant with DS my SIL told me, "whatever ends up being the baby's lovey you must try to find at least one more." Her son had a duck that she never found a duplicate for and had to repair many times. DS ended up loving a little dog from Ty that my mom had gotten him ("Wiffer"). His first Christmas he got 2 more Wiffers. I rotated them out for a long time, and usually before trading I'd sleep with the one I was going to give to him so it would have my 'scent'. He's 4 now and has all three of them in his room. Sometimes he sleeps with all 3, but usually just one. They are all still in very good condition.

It appears my girls have each attached themselves to the blanket animals they received as gifts. They are both made by a company called Bunnies By The Bay. Here is Lydia's bunny:

and Madelyn's Froggy:

Lydia likes to rub the bunny fur while Madelyn prefers to hold onto the blanket part. I haven't found a store near us that sells them, but there is one where my parent's live so I think these will be on their Birthday or Christmas with lists this year.
BUNNY: (Blue... but a bunny)
http://cgi.ebay.com/Bunnies-by-the-b...QQcmdZViewItem

FROG:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Bunnies-by-the-B...QQcmdZViewItem