Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-24-2006, 10:42 AM   #11
greenkmt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: BFing at a funeral

Thank you so much! For thanking me for being nice to my IL's during the funeral. I don't think I realized that I did something that others wouldn't have done.

My BIL is in iddiot. He is even worse but I don't want to get into that now. Anyway, the abuse thing is the worst! How can I even look at them the same way again thinking that they think I would ABUSE my son? I hate them for that statment! You don't say that to a Good Mama and expect to get good results. My husband knows me better than most and that I guess is all that counts. For goodness sakes... Am I not supposed to let him run and explore or am I supposed to be up his butt when he is trying to learn? I can forgive the fact that they hate the way that I feed Thompson but I can't seem to forgive that they would even THINK that I would abuse him. BTW: My BIL is the one that said it to me first. My son had very loose stools, I thought that he had an allergy and he said that I was feeding him this way to MAKE him sick! How In THE HECK COULD HE SAY THAT! My Husband doesn't stand up for me either (that is another post though).

Advertisement

greenkmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 10:48 AM   #12
mommypatton521
Banned
seller

My Mood:

I would definately feel the same way. Wow that's crazy. I'm so sorry you have to deal with this!~
mommypatton521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 11:03 AM   #13
escapethevillage
Registered Users

My Mood:

The only way this would be "out of place" for you to feed your son, is if he was a very noisy nurser. It is upsetting to be at a funeral in many cases. Especially to the family. To hear a baby making unusual noises might be distracting.

I have seen MANY MANY women nurse their child and I never heard a sound.

If they were just upset with you for breast feeding, I think that is a little strange, especially if you were being discreet. Why would it bother them?
escapethevillage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 11:16 AM   #14
KnottyLDSMama
Peachy with a side of keen, that would be me
Formerly: Moonprysm
seller
seller

My Mood:

That's terrible. I'm so sorry.

I have the opposite problem. My ILs are wonderful and I wouldn't dare leave DS alone with my mother. We went and stayed a week with each after he was born, and at my mom's house, I had to go down in the basement alone every time it was time for me to nurse DS. At my MIL's house, even if we had company, she'd warn them that I was getting ready to feed my son, and I sat right there in the living room and fed him infront of everyone. (Of course, my MIL also breastfed and my mother didn't).

I know it's hard to have family that doesn't support you. again
KnottyLDSMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 12:02 PM   #15
skayers01
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenkmt
My son had very loose stools, I thought that he had an allergy and he said that I was feeding him this way to MAKE him sick!
Morons should not have opinions, or at least not share them!
Old 07-24-2006, 12:20 PM   #16
beenwaitingalongtime
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

After all those comments you've mentioned, I would've disconnected from them immediately. I prob. would've still gone to the funeral for DH's sake, but when the ILs called me to sit w/ them, I would've said 'no thank you. I might have to start beating DS and don't want to accidentally hit you in the process.' I'm not very good at keeping my mouth shut when people disrespect me, tho...
The comments they're making are not only hurtful, but put you at risk for getting a visit from CPS if they spread--I'd cut them off then and there. If DH is a mama's boy, he can either speak up to mama and nip things in the bud, or he can spend his own time w/ them, while you keep DS safely away from them.
Old 07-24-2006, 12:23 PM   #17
crunchy-mama
Registered Users

((hugs))
crunchy-mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 01:12 PM   #18
doberbrat
Registered Users
seller

No good deed goes unpunished. you just cant please some people.

3 yrs ago, my uncle's (by marriage) mother died. My cousin and I drove 5h each way to attend teh funeral. Her sone was <1yr at the time and her husband is a surgeon so of course the baby came with us. They were annoyed we brought him and couldnt understand it.

Um, yeah, she's going to leave a <1 yr ebf baby for 12+ hrs??

Next time, send a condolence card .....
doberbrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 10:21 AM   #19
greenkmt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You want to hear something that is really hurtful.... In the funeral home after my BIL said what he did, I immediately called my hubby and told him... Well, yesterday, it was his birthday and he got a call from his mom and dad and his brother. He acted like NOTHING happened! Needless to say I drove 1.5 hours to be with him for his birthday and after CHATTING for 45 min with my MIL/FIL and them 45 min with my BIL I didn't even get to spend any time with him. I was SOOOO mad! I just got up we yelled at each other I gave him his $600.00 stero that I bought him for his birthday and LEFT!
greenkmt is offline   Reply With Quote