Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-20-2007, 09:19 AM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
8 days til my due date

Geeze, its only 8 days until my due date (I just finally looked at the calendar since school started for the 3 boys) and I am SOOOO done! This kiddo dropped weeks ago, I learned I have some awesome friends (I was thrown a baby shower last weekend by many of them, and others just keep bringing baby things to me. Which in a million years I would have never expected out of anyone. I am super blessed to have the friends I have) The baby's room is relatively "done" Okay, so not really, baby has a crib and clothes and some diapers which is just perfect in my opinion because a baby doesn't need much more than that. Oh, and 2 carseats!! one that goes to 22lbs and one that goes to 40lbs (so no need to buy a carseat in my future!!)

But, The contractions are killing me and the belly is too huge for my comfort all while everyone around me is saying, "wow, you're tiny, I was 'this' big with my kids" okay, I startd at 110lbs this time (or 112, whichever) and I am almost at 150lbs, that is not a small gain by any stretch of the imagination. I've been throwing up for the last 3 weeks, continually and the gallbladder pain is almost too much. I am 3cm dialated and 75% effaced and I just wish this baby would get here already! Except of course I have 2 sick kiddos at home that brought home some "super virus" from school. Even the pediatrician asked, "awww, still no baby yet?" and I about died, said, "yep there's a baby but its still in this huge belly" and she laughed along with the receptionist (both are good friends of mine thankfully or I might have cried) that the receptionist daughter just left the hospital (after giving birth last week) looking like I do now with barely a week to go. - okay so honestly its probably closer to two weeks because of how timing goes around our house, everything happens late.

Michelle WAHM to
Dalton 7/99, Hayden 3/02, Tyler 9/03, Kaitlin 10/07
GrahamBaby4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:22 AM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: 8 days til my due date

Go get a tub of rasberries and go to town!! I hear it helps with the placenta and with loosening the bowels to get you in labor....... and is NOT harsh like other stimulants!

GL mama.
Dready mama to 3 delightful boys, one darling daughter and wife to one mostly delightful DH
The midwife considers the miracle of childbirth as normal, and leaves it alone unless there's trouble. The obstetrician normally sees childbirth as trouble. If he leaves it alone, it's a miracle.-Sheila Stubbs
ClothDiaperMePlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 02:54 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:

hugs momma! hoping labor/delivery is fast and good!
Ash~Mama to 3
CrunchyMama0607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 03:13 PM   #4
sharleen (DCDiapers)
Registered Users
My Mood:

almost there. Wishing you a fast and easy birth.

WAHM to 3 boys ages, 5, 4, 3, baby girl 18 months, baby in heaven April14th 09, and baby due January 18th.
sharleen (DCDiapers) is offline   Reply With Quote