Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-21-2007, 11:26 AM   #31
patricelondon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Any Semi-Crunchy moms?

Definitely a semi crunchy mom here. My siggy says most of it but I use the diva cup instead of sposie pads, I practice EC with my 3 month old, we will do fast food on occasion but I must say that I fuss way more about my girls eating all the fruit and veggies as opposed to the junk foods.

But- I will totally give my 4 y o in particular a swat on the bottom from time to time. My baby girl is crazy! Sometimes, I honestly think that fact alone negates my overall crunchiness. I am changing into a crunchier mom each day it seems but I can't say that the swat on the bottom will ever change.

Advertisement

Baby #4 due Jan 2013

http://madebylovewithlove.wordpress.com/products/[/COLOR]
patricelondon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 11:58 AM   #32
mommytaylor
Banned
seller

http://www.onceuponalife.com/forums/...php/t-450.html

There's a quiz
mommytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 12:50 PM   #33
McMamma38
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Thumbs up Re: Any Semi-Crunchy moms?

Thanks for link to quiz-how fun!This thread rocks!!
We are all great mamas and amazing women no matter how we all do it!
I'm enjoying reading and knowing yall better-thanks for posting!
Old 09-21-2007, 01:17 PM   #34
MollyJones
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am a crunchy mom but not so much a crunchy woman. lol. I cloth diaper and breastfeed and we eat a lot of organic food... but I really like a little debbie now and then... lol.
Old 09-21-2007, 02:48 PM   #35
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

OMG!! Now I need a Little Debbie!!! But I am pretty full from my McD's Chicken nuggets...LOL!! I am so craving those...and the buy one get one free is almost done...LOL!!
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 02:53 PM   #36
Grrchurch03
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Me! I like alot of the practices, but not all. I had 2 csections, and now a tubal, babywear sometimes, cosleep when dd just will not stay in her crib and ds who is 4 will occasionally sleep with us as well, I make homemade babyfood, but not opposed to the occasional jar. We cd, but sometimes sposie (though we do use more earth friendly gel free diapers). Sometimes give my son a tap on the butt and am kind of halfway there on alot of other things as well. Ds is partially vaxed, dd is not at all, and ds will not get anymore. He is circ'd and dd has her ears pierced. DD is breastfed and wouldn't know what to do with a bottle or why on earth she would want one when she has warm milk on tap 24/7, lol.

Last edited by Grrchurch03; 09-21-2007 at 02:57 PM.
Grrchurch03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 02:59 PM   #37
Birdof1985
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytaylor View Post
LMAO--- i got 79 and it says im pretty crispy --- RIGHT ON!
Birdof1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 04:24 PM   #38
Mickiswing
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I prefer to think of AP'ing as doing what fits right for you, your baby and your family. I've co-slept with all three of my kids until they stopped sleeping well with me and preferred their own beds, we gentle discipline as much as possible, EBF until six months at least and continued until they refused, which was around 14-16 months. I wore my first two babies in a Baby Bjorn and found slings and wraps with my last. I do use a stroller often because I've got three young kids and I'm preggo. We'd never get out otherwise.

For crunchiness, I'm semi We CD, I use mama cloth (my skin is so much happier and my cycles are much more pleasant) we try to eat as healthy/balanced as possible, I finally cut out soda, I make as much baby food as I can, my last two births were in the hospital, induced, with no pain meds, etc. But, we do sposies at night and when we're out, we eat fast food on occasion, and I do buy baby food for certain occasions or where I'm just feeling like I'm overwhelmed with life in general.

As far as medicated births, doctors, circumcision and such go, I truly believe that it's our responsibility as parents to do all the research we can, and make an educated, prayerful decision that's best for our families.

The bottom line to me is, if crunchiness works for you, by all means do it and more power to you! But, if it's making you miserable because it's too much work, or it's uncomfortable, then it's not really working, is it?
Old 09-21-2007, 04:38 PM   #39
ZooCrew10
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Definitely semi-cruncy here. We go any crunchier than what we are and DH will revolt.
ZooCrew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 01:28 AM   #40
Masami
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I guess I would consider myself semi-crunchy. I plan to have an unmedicated birth, cloth diaper, babywear, and delayed vax. I would not circ if I was having a boy. I don't plan to cosleep (though DD will be sleeping in the same room for a while, just not the same bed) or do a lot of other "crunchy" things. I know I will not fit in with a lot of other moms in my community because of these things, but I also don't think I'd fit in with hardcore crunchy moms. I basically will just do what I feel is best and what works for us.