Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-21-2007, 12:47 PM   #1
Birdof1985
Banned
seller

My Mood:
my new living room.... **updated with pics!!!**

well its missing 1 pillow... BUT im going to cut and re-sew the 3rd odd ball and just make 2 smaller pillows. Ya know like those round pillows- i dont know what they are called.

and it smells like cats, which the lady said she had cats and thats cool- but will febreeze get that out??

other than that- ill get a pic later and show ya all.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Couch:
corner on couch that needs reapired:TOP: BOTTOM:

loveseat:
corner on loveseat that needs reapired: TOP:

3 extra pillows in this pattern & size:

Advertisement

Last edited by Birdof1985; 09-21-2007 at 03:52 PM.
Birdof1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 01:02 PM   #2
3rockstars
Registered Users
Formerly: FaeryGnomeHome
seller

Re: my new living room....

hopefully. is it cloth or leather? If it's leather, honestly, mine is fake leather and I wash it down with lysol when it's nasty and it works great and doesn't damage it. If it's cloth, I'd definitely mist it with febreeze and let it air out with the windows open for a bit. Depends on how bad the cat smell is. If it's male cat urine, you might never get it out. Sorry. If febreeze fails, try any of the products out there designed to cover up cats' marking spots. They are specifically designed to eliminate the odor, even to the cat so they stop remarking that spot as their territory. But honestly, male cat urine is pretty potent and it's pretty impossible to get out, even with those products. Just be forewarned. I'm so excited to see your new stuff!!!! I've been peeking on here all day waiting for a pic! I'm such a goober!
Old 09-21-2007, 01:06 PM   #3
Birdof1985
Banned
seller

My Mood:

no i dont think its urine.... just normal cat smell.

its cloth BTW.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:09 PM   #4
Bunny
Be strong little marshmallow.
Formerly: s**e**h
seller

If any of the couch cover is removable, wash it. For the rest Febreeze should do the trick.
Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 01:39 PM   #5
Birdof1985
Banned
seller

My Mood:

no its not removeable. The cushions and pillows are.. well except maybe the back cushions- those are like pillows but they are huge so im not sure i can wash those. But anyway-- i febreezed it and it smells better so i assume from that it was normal cat smell.

and darn it now i cant find my camera. LOL- im so disorganized. I do however have a couch sitting next to my dining room table so if anyone wants to come for tea and cupcakes- we have plenty of room now.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:47 PM   #6
CrunchyMama0607
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

you know im on my way for the tea and cupcakes!

cant wait to see pics!!! yep, lots of febreeze should do the trick & if they're are any stains you can always cover it with a sheet. LOL thats how mine is~we got it free when we rented the house were in now.
Old 09-21-2007, 02:02 PM   #7
jessicap
Registered Users
seller

another thing that will work is if you have an air purifier put it on the floor directly in front of the couch and put a blanket over the purifier and couch, creating a tent. Do this over nite and it should take that smell right out!!!

Our church had a couch donated to its fellowship hall from a smoker. It was awful smelling, and we did everything we could think of to get the smell out, and all it took was the air purifier thing and we seriously cannot even tell that it was owned by a previous smoker!!!
jessicap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 02:37 PM   #8
Birdof1985
Banned
seller

My Mood:

no stains. nothing is wrong with it actually. Well i mean theres a corner on each piece where the cats thought it was a post- but i plan to sew that right up or find some red fabric and hide it. oh and the smell, but now its gone. Its weird having a loveseat- im sitting there like, gosh thats a lot of seating.

candice already tried to get Pizza on the loveseat- im like oh no you dont girlie. so she got it on her soaker instead. cant win em all.

I need to go look for my camera. its in our room- somewhere.